+ Reply to Thread
    Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar

Question How do I fix the today screen?

Greetings all. My phone has been working reasonably well for the past month or so, and I've been remiss about checking in here. But I'm happy to see the forums have gone on well without me. Just some personal notes about my device...

The iTrip and iGuidence work great. I've used them to travel between states, and as long as the correct maps were loaded... it worked like a champ. And with my 2200 mAH battery, I was able to make my drive, go to several stores, surf the web, make phone calls, and still had PLENTY of charge at the end of the day. Just an amazing device.

My Logitech Cordless Freedom Headset still works really well. A redial function would be nice, but otherwise I have few complaints. It's still hard to find the "optimal" wear position, but it's remarkably comfortable given how stable it is on my ear, etc.

So to my point for the moment. I've seen that a free utility has been released that allows us to set particular ring tones and images for callers. Seems most folks who've tried it have liked it, and the only concern they mentioned was it can mess up their "Today" screen on installation.

So IF my Today screen was to get corrupted, how do I get the system to "redraw" it? When I had that problem after installing the 3500 patch without a hard reset, I simply did a hard reset, installed the patch, and reinstalled all my apps, etc. But obviously I'd prefer to simply reset my Today screen if something similar happens again.

P.S. I see that Audiovox released an "official" patch for the PPC-6601. I'm gonna do a search in the forum for people's success / failure with that patch. Wanna see if I should still with my 3500 patch or what.

P.S.S. Some of you were kind to note my lack of employment in my posts toward the end of January. I'm happy to note that I'm working in a new job, with good hours, great people, and it pays more than my last position... so all is well. Though if you could introduce me to a nice young lady who likes computers, video games, travelling, and me... that would be nice!
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's

How do you find the volume on the Logitech? I have an HS820 which is just not loud enough and a Plantronis that is loud enough, but is painful to wear.

What's your take on it? Ever used an HS820?

i had the same problem after the patch. I just went into today settings and switched backround image and then changed it back and it worked.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Option 1: From camera/image/tools "set as wallpaper" works A LOT
    Option 2: From today select new background image works a LITTLE
    Option 3: From SPB+ enable today plugin and then disable it (or vice versa) which reinitializes the Today Screen

I prefer 1.

E

Out Of Control PPC User merkman's Avatar
    Cool. Thanks guys. As usual, I'm more than impressed by the help of the good folks here. Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
    Cingular 8525 with Black 3.0.1 ROM (WM6)
    Paired: Sony MEX-BT2500 (car stereo w/ audio streaming, it's AWESOME!), i.Trek GPS w/ i.Guidence software, a few PC's