+ Reply to Thread

Business Connection Sprint 6600

I am on hour 16 or so with my 6600 and after 4 calls to tech support finally have vision up and running am an in pretty good shape overall.

Coming from palm, I am still learning the os and cant figure out how to get an audible notification on new business connect emails. (Personal Edition)

I dont see anything in the bc software itself (like palms was) and the email notification setting under start->settings does not seem to do the trick.

Any ideas
    Thanks for your help

-rob

Administrator
    did you check notofications tab? you shuld be able to set an alert there...
    i have alerts set up (star trek sounds) for new sms message, new VM, etc...

Re: Business Connection Sprint 6600

Originally posted by robber
    I am on hour 16 or so with my 6600 and after 4 calls to tech support finally have vision up and running am an in pretty good shape overall.

Coming from palm, I am still learning the os and cant figure out how to get an audible notification on new business connect emails. (Personal Edition)

I dont see anything in the bc software itself (like palms was) and the email notification setting under start->settings does not seem to do the trick.

Any ideas
    Thanks for your help

-rob
    It's a bug with Seven (that is what Sprint BC is and Cingular Xpress Mail is). You don't get any notification; no flashing light, no sound, no vibration, nothing but Today telling you that there are unread BC messages.

Complain to Sprint so they make Seven fix it. It still isn't fixed in the latest beta and it is very annoying.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

That sux.

I thought there might be something more to the issue.

-rob

A work around is you can enable Text Message notification from the Settings...SMS Alert section of BC. The problem with that is 1)it will probably count towards you SMS useage and could add up if you get a lot of e-mails and 2) I found I would get the SMS message telling me that I have new mail, before the message was actually be pulled onto my device. Sometimes there was up to a minute or two delay.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

Hi Jeff,

Where exactly is that setting? I don't see it in the BC software.

Thanks

-rob

Hi Jeff,

Where exactly is that setting? I don't see it in the BC software.

Thanks

-rob
    In the main BC window (I assume you are using Personal Edition and that you are logged-in) there is a gray bar on top with the Welcome message on the left and on the right is says: Settings | Downloads | Help | Documentation | Sign out.

Click on Settings and you will see that one of the boxes says: SMS Alerts. Click the radio button All SMS Alerts On and then click the link Personal Edition SMS Alerts settings to configure what you want. From that screen you can click the radio button that says: Send me SMS alerts of all new unread mail. There are some other choices on that page as well to customize the time of day and to send the alerts only on weekdays (this is at the bottom of the page) and to be notified of changes to meetings.

Hope this helps,
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

Ohhhhhhh, the bc window on the desktop.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

BTW, I dont think that they charge for incoming SMS messages, just outgoing. Am I wrong?

-rob

Ohhhhhhh, the bc window on the desktop.

Got it. Thanks a lot.

BTW, I dont think that they charge for incoming SMS messages, just outgoing. Am I wrong?

-rob
    Glad I could help.

I am not sure about incoming text messages and Sprint. I have the grandfathered unlimited SMS plan from Sprint, so I never paid attention. I know some carriers (like Cingular and I think Verizon) do charge for incoming messages.
    Jeff

HTC Fuze