+ Reply to Thread

Two "files on PPC" questions

1. I use the Permanent Save feature. Why are the files in the folder PerSaveBackup which correspond to the four databases (Appointments, Connections, Contacts, Tasks) zero bytes long? Aren't the databases backed up here??

2. What are files in the Windows directory MsgQueueDataDataFileMicrosoft Notification SMS Protocol (Receive Only)? I have about 8 and they are 2.7 MB each!!

Any ideas??

-BD

Not sure about #1, I don't use that, but for #2, those files are 'phantoms'. They don't really take up 2.7MB each, it's just some quirk of the OS that has them show up like that.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

OK, I just answered my own questions. I should learn to research b4 typing.

1. Actually I didn't realize this, but apparantly the native file explorer does no show certain files. You have pause click and select View All Files. Kind of unclear which are normally hidden (system etc...). Anyway, when browsing with this option checked, there are many more files in the PerSaveBackup directory, most with some bulk.

2. I xferred one of these fat files to my PC and they were the real deal in terms of size.

But anyway I found this: http://www.ppcw.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=272, so perhaps that explains some things (I'll take their word for it).

-BD

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    *Clap* Well done, and very informative
    E