+ Reply to Thread

VZW Internet Access Trouble Today??

Anyone else having any issues accessing the internet with VZW today?

I get the usual #777 dial up and then a message teling me my username or password is incorrect. That's interesting as I haven't changed anything and it was fine last night. SR doesn't help.

Could this be, maybe, wait for it . . . . EVDO at long last is coming to the Great Plains???

Naw!!! Probably just my handset is hosed or local service is down.

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Bob Duckworth

I get this every now and then. I usually don't have to do anything and sooner or later the connection comes back.

Try doing a *22899 from the phone. That updates the PRL among other things.

If you are still having it after soft resets then try-
    username:<phone number>@vzw.com
    password:vzw
    in your connection settings under #777

If you are in an evdo area or if that doesn't work try
    username:<phone number>@vzw3g.com
    password:vzw
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

More converged than ever!
    I had the same problem as Bob this morning. I just figured there were too many Orb users trying to stream March Madness.
    Used to be a Kyo fan, anyway. A "Smartphone" user since adding a modem card to my HP95 Pocket Computer (1992).

Thanks guys. I'll continue to work on it.

Bob Duckworth
    My cellphone is smarter than your honor student.

Wierd!!!

This is ridiculous. I have been having the same issue ever since I got my new camera version. The strange thing is, that when I am in Ohio I get the error "cannot connect username and password" but I recently traveled to Georgia and had no problem connecting and staying connected all day??? When I got back to Ohio same problem. I soft reset and put in myphonenumber@vzw3g.com and vzw as password and still got the error. I also tried using pop3 and it comes up with a place for my password and I put vzw in and press save password and still comes up with the error. I called tech support and they told me to create a new connection and so I did and still same issues.

Please Help!!!

yyl
    I saw somewhere in another thread that a user has the problem of not being abe to connect in his home city, but can connect in other cities when he travels. After escalating the problem again and again, finally a technical superviser found that his account was not configured properly for Internet access in his local city. Maybe you can try calling tech support again and ask to escalate the problem.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    I've only had this problem when roaming off of VZW's network. The other carrier (Alltel in this case) has different login credentials, and so it wipes the stored password and wants it again.

Nothing I enter works on Alltel, and once I'm back in VZW land, I have to reenter the password (vzw) one more time for it to store it.

E

Completely adorable =) gsbennett's Avatar
    Texas by way of military. California is my home.
    It happened to me today. I was in Austin and all exciting about finally getting to use the EVDO service. And then the service was down. Spent 30 minutes on the phone with Verizon and they just said keep trying.

XV6600 with Camera..So far I'm a happy camper!

I was in Boston earlier today and flew back to Orlando this afternoon, my EVDO connection was steady with no issues in both areas.

Finally!!

I just got off the phone after an hour of being on with Tech Support and finally someone who understood my issue. They said that our phones have a security key attached to it and sometimes the information get corrupted on their end. The tech support rep reset my information and now all is well.

Hope this helps!