+ Reply to Thread

Using Internet on Laptop via Bluetooth on XV6600

Hi,

Can someone help me out? Before upgrading to the new Audiovox software I was able to use the internet on my laptop through the bluetooth connection on the xv6600. Now it doesn't seem to work. I have winmodem installed on the xv6600. All I recall doing before was turning on winmodem with bluetooth selected in the "connection type". I do not recall however if I had a DUN connection with laptop that was available with the 3500C but not with the Audiovox update. The only thing that's availble with the Audiovox update in the "Connect to a network" connection but I don't believe this is the right one.

Thanks in advance

This may sound silly but did you re-enable all the profiles on your phone. When you get your phone out of the box all the profiles are on. When you do the patch or upgrade I think it turns off all the profiles.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

The DUN service was not active but now when I search for all available services I can get a COM 7 connection to my laptop (DUN still does not show up on the Bluetooth serviceslist) but the internet connection is still not shared to my laptop.

All you should have to do is bond the PDA with the laptop and initiate the DUN session from the laptop.
    Mobile Pimp: Fujitsu P7010D, Audiovox 6600, Playstation PSP, iGo Juice (70), Kingston 5gb PC-Card, SDIO Socket Wifi, Socket BlueTooth GPS, Socket CF BT Adapter, PNY 4 in 1 Memory Adapter.

DUN is always initiated from the laptop. Also, it is always provided by your phone as a service. The only configuration that should be required on the phone is (if you WANT to) turning off the a authentication/approval for the service.

Your laptop, on the other hand, may require some tweaking. I have a BT dongle that has its own config software, so it's not exactly like XP's. However they are all basically the same. At one point I had to remove the bluetooth dial up connection in Connections on XP, and then re-create it to get it to work again.

Either way, I've hard-reset a dozen times and DUN is the ONE THING that always keeps working for me.