+ Reply to Thread

Just Bricked a XV6600

One of my users decided to leave his phone uncharged overnight. When he tried to start it up this morning he saw the welcome to pocket pc, tap here to continue screen. After tapping to continue the screen went blank. He tried plugging it into power but it never came back. All he has now is either Serial v1.20 or USB v1.20 displayed on the screen. A soft reset, a hard reset and nothing happens.

He DID NOT have the newest rom. I had installed the 3500c patch about a month ago.

I am now flashing it with the newest rom. It seems to be flashing the device. Windows recognized the device when I plugged it in but activesync didn't start. The rom flash program recognized the device and it is loading the rom. The sceen on the PPC now looks like it would if I were flashing the rom.

It is very interesting because it looks like leaving it uncharged messed up the rom somehow.

I'll update the post once the ROM update is done.

Just very wierd.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Alright, flashing the rom fixed it. Why would unpowering it ever affect the ROM?

Maybe ESD?

One more interesting note. His backup battery won't charge past 75%

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Give it time. LOTS of time. I find that the NiMh battery can take a full DAY to get past 75%.

Keep in mind - the main battery is measured in 1% units. The secondary in 25% units. It could be sitting at 99% and still show 75%...

E

E,

It's taken me almost 3 full days to get a backup battery to 100%. Good Ole G1000...

-D

Wow. That's a long time to charge. Thanks for the info guys. We'll see how it goes from here. I guess the lesson is charge whenever you can.