+ Reply to Thread

DFI HBT-101 Bluetooth Headset

I've been looking around for another headset since that pain in the ear purchase...the Plantronics 3500.

I've come across this one. Looks good so far. Light on the reviews though. I only found two.

Has anyone used this with the XV6600 or PPC6600?

http://www.dfi.com.tw/product/xx_pro...YPE=MB&SITE=NA

Here are two reviews:

http://www.hardcoreware.net/reviews/review-235-3.htm

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/dfi-hbt101.shtml
    Last edited by maximum; 03-18-2005 at 10:14 PM.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

I just got the DFI today. Wow!

The box comes with a charger and even a car charger.

Headset is very light and the loop around the ear is bendable so it can be adjusted for a perfect fit. Audio seems to hold up very well up to the 20 foot range, then static kicks in.

Compared to the Plantronics this thing is a dream. You really don't feel it on your ear at all. The design and fit is that good.

I tested it by calling a friends cell. He said that the mic seemed to pick up everything very well. Also, ear piece is also switchable from left to right ear.

At $55+ free shipping this one's hard to beat. I wish I had seen this one before I got the Plantronics.
    "Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Where did you purchase it from?

I got my DFI headset the other day and I'm not happy with it. I let it charge up before use and the pairing worked great, but the volume of the headset is so low that I can only hear the caller in a quiet room. I increased the volume to the max level and it didn't help. Also, there is a good amount of static that comes through during conversations. Any one else having the same problems?

Love that it is so small, but volume is not good. I use the Plantronics one more because it's volume is really good.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Sorry to hear that. YMMV.

Works fine for me.

OK, so I just recieved my DFI today based on your recommendations. Thanks A Lot!!!!

This headset is awesome so far. It is so comfortable and paired immediately with my stock 6601 non-ROM upgraded phone. I haven't tried the volume yet since I literally just got it in my hands 10 minutes ago.

My biggest question...

Am I stupid? How does one use the included strap???

edit: I just took a call and they said I sounded staticy. I haven't charged iot yet, but would that make a difference? Also should I upgrade the ROM - would that help?
    Last edited by lkaufma1; 04-13-2005 at 11:44 AM.

I've only had real static beyond the 15 foot range (but that's the same issue I had with the Plantronics headset too and I think almost all in general).

Do the ROM upgrade and get the latest bluetooth patch. Also, the strap is worthless IMO.

Did the update. I've had a complaint that the person can hear echoeing of their voice. I turned down the volume and it went away.

Cool. I'm glad it's working better for you.