+ Reply to Thread
    msi

bluetooth headphones (Bluetake)

I am trying to get the Bluetake bluetooth headphones to work on my xv6600. I want to listed to the Windows Media Player using the head phones via bluetooth. However, the XV6600 continues to play through the speaker and not the head phones even though they are paired. I would prefer not to use the bluetooth dongle that plugs into the headphone jack since the xv6600 is bluetooth capable.

Anyone doing this and found a solution?

Not sure if your headset will work. But look at the Sticky Patch FAQ and load the broadcomm patch. It adds a High Quality Stereo Profile. Then try to pair it using that profile.

If it's a mono headset with a mic for hands free phone use, it probably will not work. Such as BlueTake G2.

msi
    Well the Bluetooth stereo headset works with the xv6600 BUT the screen is all messed up! It doesn't clear for each new screen so no I have a mismash of various images on the screen. This starts from the very beginning even having some of the Verizon logo still on the Today screen.

also, when I check the 'version' on the bluetooth manager what build should it be? It currently has version 1.0.0 build 2400.

msi
    Got the Today screen to come back by resetting the choice of the 'Today' screen background. thanks for everyone's help!

msi, if you are running 2400, you are running the old ROM.

There is a new ROM upgrade for your phone.

See sticky FAQ on patches