+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation Verizon XV6600 issues GRIPE page!!!!!

Hey boys! Chime in on Daves page. I believe we will start a petition soon! Dave was one of the biggest fans of Verizons 6600 and is fed up like the rest of us!

Put your 2 cents in gentlmen and gentlewomen!

http://davesipaq.com/news/004622/ver...h_issues#c2414

complaint threads versus collaborative focus

Not at all to downplay the early bluetooth problems but I wanted to make a general comment about threads where information is shared versus pure venting.

These phones are bleeding edge, period. Verizon knows that which is probably one reason they delay release of these products, to push their company to get into some remotely acceptable posture of support, difficult or impossible as that may be. It's hard to support products like this.

To me, the solution is this site and people learning and sharing their experiences.

Long complaint threads just don't do it for me, too many people tend to chime-in with product slamming versus staying on-topic.

What I like about this forum is the extreme focus it puts on solving issues and sharing information.

It would be a shame if nobody from Verizon or HTC monitored this forum. Now THAT'S something that would be very useful to lobby for-- for Verizon and HTC to put a resource here to at least review what's going on. then the bleeding edge can converge faster. If anyone is here from those companies, I'd like to know. If not, that is aa shame.
    Last edited by ericgr; 03-19-2005 at 04:42 PM.

Wink Not a slam......just getting the message out!

I love this technology and my device! Just want the bugs worked out in a "TIMELY" manner.
    So far, with my correspondence with Verizon/ Audiovox their response was at first ..... lack luster. Even to the point of denial. After several attempts with Verizon, their official responce was "Contact Audiovox."
    I've posted Verizon/ Audiovox responses on this board and other sites.
    Here is one Audiovox official responce to my request for a static issue fix and BT lag time:

"Bluetooth is set up to beep after every 3 rings on an incoming call. The delay you speak of is normal and it is not being addressed in an upgrade."
    "There has not been a lot of Static problems over the Bluetooth devices reported to us so it is not being addressed."

And then when you continue to press Audiovox all you get is " we will sent this issue to our engineering dept" with no resoultion or updates on progress toward a solution.

Also I truly wish Verizon/ Audiovox did monitor this board and other sites for interaction and information! That would be great! But since they don't we should continue to push them to improve their "Top of the line" and expensive equipment when they release it when it isn't ready for prime time!
    So since they released their product ,we should all hold them to accountability for their product till it is up to par!

Sure this is cutting edge, but I wouldn't release something unless I knew it was correct in form and function.
    Last edited by Z1truth; 03-19-2005 at 07:31 PM.

Seriously all.. Verizon Executives have been warned by me on Friday. They actually requested that I do not put up the news item on my front page. My site gets spidered by google news and whatya know so did the big words VERIZON BLUETOOTH ISSUES hit google news. So support the news post and voice your complaints. My site gets over 400k visitors so Verizon is worried that this will let the cat out of the hat.
    David Ciccone
    Daves iPAQ
    www.davesipaq.com/

getting the point across

Do support Dave's thread as he has requested since he leads the way in all of this. I'd just like to add some thoughts about how I think input to Verizon might get the best results. Here it is....

Three years ago I committed my act of goodwill and frustration to make a change. I called Verizon's customer service, which back then was 180 degrees opposite of what it is today, incredibly arrogant and rude three years ago. I couldn't believe how they ran their customer service. Today they are exceptionally well run overall in my opinion. But then they were criminal. After being told I could not speak to a supervisor repeatedly, being hung-up on, and after being blocked repeatedly through other channels, I eventually got the phone number of the CEO from OUTSIDE of Verizon (nobody would provide it they would hang-up) and spoke to his right hand person. I had a series of 3 phone calls, each about 1 1/2 hours long, detailing the what I experienced and discussing the fundamentals of good customer service. I actually conferenced the assistant in on a customer support call to demonstrate the unbelievably arrogant and unacceptable behavior of their customer service rep's. Apparently me and many other people complained because, today, if you call Verizon customer support (their general number, NOT secondary support for difficult problems) I get nothing but 110% professionalism and focus. I know others may have different experience but today I see them as a different company.

Here is my suggestion. Write a llist of what you think Verizon should really do, maybe formulate it here. We can start with this-- put someone on this forum to read the experiences. Maybe they should build a fix-list from this site. Perhaps we can get them on the phone and help them develop a support checklist. Yes they are a big enough organization and profitable enough to do this on their own, but for the MINORITY of people that play with these high-end toys (eg xv6600) it just won't happen quickly unless we push them. Call customer support and ask to get the phone number for the executive office and see if you can get there. Their office is in Laurel Maryland if I recall. But I suggest not calling there and *****ing in general. Honestly, the result will be they will ultimately pull the product if they get enough negative calls. Instead, call them up and give them guidance. They respond MUCH better to suggestions on what they should do. They may not respond at all but it has a better chance.

So, what should Verizon do. We know they should test better and drive the vendor. Having been in those shoes by the way, I imagine the xv6600 would have been released 1 year behind every other vendor who released 1/2 broken products sooner (eg other ceullar carriers) so I imagine Verizon feels competitive pressure to satisfy us geeks because if we don't get our product 'fix' fast enough from vendor release we also complain. So while telco's like Verizon are inbred with the notion of exhaustive testing, competition beats them out of that because time-to-market flies in the face of pragmatic testing. So help them know the quick list of what they could test. This forum could produce an awesome testing checklist for Verizon. they could use that as a template. Damn shame they can't figure it out for themselves I know, but in the end it is an imperfect world. So it's about focused input in my opinion.
    Last edited by ericgr; 03-19-2005 at 08:17 PM.

Remember we are the actual users.. People who never use the devices cannot relate to our frustrations. Running 1.0 Rom is unacceptable and someone should have done some research. This is what I received from Verizon late Friday..

No response from Audiovox, but our department Leads are trying to duplicate the issue to see if the new device w/camera will have this same issue.

Will definitly keep you updated.
    David Ciccone
    Daves iPAQ
    www.davesipaq.com/

110 percent support

Dave, I support you 110 percent.

Are Verizon customers more demanding than Sprint ones. I see so many more complaint from Verizon folks than Sprint.

My SPrint phone is working awesome !!!

Does it have 0 issues no. Does Windows XP have 0 issues, hell no.

Stock Battery - No Problem at all
    Static on headset - None.
    Delay on bluetooth wakeup. Usually 1 ring, sometimes 2. I can live with it. If they fiddle with, it will probably kill the great battery performance I see these days. Maybe Verizon Phones ring faster
    Stock PPC-6600 ROM
    VC 1.5 working (flakes out occasionally, but overall well worth using, like the phone)

Once in great while volume is low on headset, but I think that is my figuring out what effects what.

If you guys complain so much they will probably pull it, like they have the H6315 (at the moment).

P.S. I also read Dave's article and he is a bit confused on his stack versions vs protocol versions and what to blame.

Other software does effect performance.
    Last edited by mswlogo; 03-19-2005 at 11:28 PM.

Exclamation The purpose of this post!

Gentlemen and ladies,
    The reason I put the word "Gripe" at the head of this post wasn't to produce a complaint thread, it was meant to get the users who have been frustrated with their device to channel that energy into activism! And hopefully put together a show of force to our vendors.
    Up till now the vendors have been fairly apathetic and we need them to hear our collective voices. Not to pull the product, but to fix it! I think we all agree we love this 6600!!!!

If this as a neat toy for you and your useage is only minor then these issues may not inconvienence you that much, and a fix may not be paramount to you.

I personally am a power user and this to me a "cool tool". But a tool none the less. I use the BT phone capability extensively 6 days/60+ hours a week!!! The concept is a dream come true as I am driving a great deal also. The sleep mode call pick-up is critical to my business! It seems to delay to voice mail my most important incoming phone calls and then picks up on 3 to 4 rings other times. And you can't hit the button on the HS....that makes no difference. The static seems to come and go but still needs to be addressed also.

Anyway, like I've always said, lets all pull together and get Verizon/ Audiovox to listen to us first and work with us second to
    improve this product so it's a win/win for everybody!! Capisch!!!!!
    Z

Just as a quick note, I want to second what ericgr had to say about Verizon's improved customer service. I know some people who have not had good experiences, but I have always had polite and responsive help. I've had two Kyo 7135s flake out on me, and Verizon replaced them without blinking. It's one of the reasons I don't plan to switch.

For what it's worth, I like to think that Verizon does actually listen to us. I think that they're cagey about admitting it -- any public admission of a problem is something they can be sued over later, after all. From their lawyers standpoint, it's much better to admit a problem after the patch is available to fix it, I suspect.

And as a software engineer, I can tell you that sometimes bugs can take a lot longer to track down and fix than it seems like they should!

Verizon has a phenomenal product that can get seriously hurt their EVDO investment if they do not have the issues resolved with Audiovox. Take a look at all the headlines on how PPC is beating Treo/Palm.

I did post on Daves site. XV6600 is an expensive product and carries one the the most expensive monthly service costs. We deserve better!
    walti

I fully respect that you or others are having problems and honor your right to raise your issues. However, I have to retract my statement earlier about being 110% behind that gripe thread. While I will admit I used knowledge from this site on bluetooth for example to select the HBH-660 (so there is a point there, maybe I shouldn't HAVE to) but regardless, this phone (xv6600 w/camera) is a JOY to use. I use it all day long for voice, data, bluetooth, and planning. It is very stable, the cell phone sound is excellent (all volumes are great, ringer, local/remote voice volumes, sound). I have nothing to complain about. TODAY, Verizon is an excellent provider of this product and services. In general I'm not one to love large monopolies. But Verizon, TODAY, has outstanding customer service with extreme politeness and this product is cutting edge and works great on their network, the ONLY cellular provider out there providing EVDO. When these companies are bad, I really sock it to them. I routinely will call an executive in there and rattle the cages. However, when they are GOOD (or in this case arguably great given where everyone else is in the market), I praise them. That's because if you complain when things are good, then crap management usually kills the performers in the company and it goes back to where it is. I spend $250 a month on my array of Verizon services and phones-- not nearly as large as some users here, but pretty high. I think Verizon has done an outstanding job with this phone.

Originally posted by ericgr
    I fully respect that you or others are having problems and honor your right to raise your issues. TODAY, Verizon is an excellent provider of this product and services. In general I'm not one to love large monopolies. But Verizon, TODAY, has outstanding customer service with extreme politeness and this product is cutting edge and works great on their network, the ONLY cellular provider out there providing EVDO. When these companies are bad, I really sock it to them. I routinely will call an executive in there and rattle the cages. However, when they are GOOD (or in this case arguably great given where everyone else is in the market), I praise them. That's because if you complain when things are good, then crap management usually kills the performers in the company and it goes back to where it is. I spend $250 a month on my array of Verizon services and phones-- not nearly as large as some users here, but pretty high. I think Verizon has done an outstanding job with this phone.
    I agree Verizon has become a much better company and their customer service is good BUT............
    You are one of the FEW who have a good experience with this phone. I'm jealous as I am a power user and have issues all thru the day with BT,static,calls not being sent because of a error balloon not recognizing the #, ect. And you said the volume is good in ALL respects???????? Do you live in a padded cell or what! Unless they fixed the volume on your recent purchase as compared to our older ones( no camera ), you must work in a quite office and never go out into the outside world or make calls in your car.
    Or you are just easily pleased!!!!!!! Good for your wife!!!!!! LOL!!!

But for us who have to fight these issues daily remember as far as I can tell your "well running phone" is a rarity.

So I DO NOT THINK Verizon has done a great job with this phone!
    I like the design, style, and concept. But the implementation of functions was very poor.
    My humble opinion!
    Z

i am responding from my xv6600. all day on the new 2200 battery. I an EXTREMELY difficult to please, my wife will agree as my employees. I have over 20 years in tech. I see the light in these products. I am also lucky with it. I actually do believe it is very possible that the xv6600 with camera I have is improved. one of us is going to have to rip it apart to know for sure.

also, I spent 10 days prepping my knowledge of this device reading posts here and elsewhere. I have learned from earlier adopters so they helped me. i put my findings in an earlier post. because i do not own your unique phone i can only assume it is different from mine. you might also try an hbh 660