+ Reply to Thread
    Contorted

Pharos GPS Cable

Is this the right cable for the 6600??

Mobile Planet

If it's not can someone point me in the right direction?
    I've searched but maybe I'm using the wrong key words...

Thanks!

That looks like the one. I called into Pharos directly and they suggested item number CX015 (which I assume is the PXT08-015 listed in the link). I still haven't gotten GPS to work yet on the PPC6600, even with the Bluetooth adapter which I've since returned...

Hi guys... I've been using the Pharos GPS with the bluetooth adapter for quite a while with my PPC6601. Anything I can do to help? What seems to be the problem?

i've gotten the tomtom wired gps and a bluelogger bt gps to work on my 6600. my wired one had the old xda adapter plug that came with it. it worked fine. is your pharos compatible with an xda?

Contorted
    I used to have an i700 with the Pharos wired GPS. I just want to make sure I order the right cable for my VX6600. One place on the forum says to ge the one for the MDAII but the only one I could find (linked above) doesn't say anything about that. I swear I saw a cable somewhere else that had more info about compatibility but I can't seem to find it now.

Just want to make sure and get the right thing.

Tabbs

Contorted
    Out of curiousity is the iGPS-360 unit compatible with different software then it came with?

Like TomTom or others?

You can use any software that you like, Mapopolis, Ostia, TomTom, etc.

Astro,

For starters, what incomming\outgoing com ports are you using? Do you know what com port the serial connector would use. I think my i360 reciever may be defective. I don't see any moving parts in it so I doubt it but it still lights up blue.

Hi Youngworld,

I am using COM Port 5 for inbound and COM Port 6 for outbound. Sorry, but I have no idea what the serial cable connector would use as I only have the Bluetooth dock (I believe it still uses serial over Bluetooth so the ports I quoted are the ones listed under "Bluetooth Serial Port Settings").

From my observations, I just got done updgrading the ROM for the phone and had to reconnect my iGPS 360 from scratch, the solid blue light indicates that the device is in fact communicating with the PPC6601 and it becomes solid blue even prior to connecting to the GPS for the first time. All I had to do was go to the Bluetooth Manager and select "new", then select the last option "Explore a Bluetooth device", then when the Pharos showed up with a question mark I clicked on it and it prompted me for the PIN ( 12345678 ) which alowed me to select GPS RFcom as a service. That created a shortcut to the Pharos iGPS BT. Then I click on the shortcut and say connect and voila, it is working.

BTW, I have been runing the latest versions of the Bluetooth stack for quite a while, and I believe recalling that it did not work for me with the original stack that came with the phone.

I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes. you can write me directly to "pdaphonehome at idcipher dot com" if you like.

Cheers,

Gus

Thanks Astro.

But as feared, my reciever is bad. I got a new one (Bluetooth) and it works splendidly. Throw the old one in the sled = no dice.