+ Reply to Thread

Phone Profile Install Problems

I just got my XV6600 (Camera Version). I have installed all my sotware without any issues. I am now installing my Phone Profile software. I was using JGUI's Phone Profiles (Second Edition). After I installed the software and rebooted the phone the phone did not come back. It was stuck at a white screen. I could not get the phone to boot again. I then Hard Rest the device and reinstalled the software again (except for Phone Profiles). I figured it was a compatability problem with the application. I then found another phone profile app called PPCProfiles-Pro. I downloaded it and installed it and rebooted the phone. A similar thing happened. The phone was stuck at the Verizon Boot screen and never came out. Has anyone else experienced this problem with these application or have a recommendations for another similar application that have been successfully installed on the XV6600 (Camera Version)

Thank you in advance for all your help.

Alex--

Check the phonealarm beta thread. Bruce has put profiles in his program that has successfully added repeating alarms to the pdaphone.

There is another program that has some posts--forgot the name of it, but if you go back a page or two you'll see it.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Contorted
    I had the same thing happen with PPCProfiles-Pro. I didn't back up my phone so it was a pisser. I've had alot of PPCs and never lost my data from a software install before. Had to Hard Reset to get the phone back.

BE WARNED....PPCProfiles-Pro might wipe your phone.

Well. The good news is Phonealarm works perfectly. It is not as good as Phone Profiles but it gets the job done. Please be aware that installing JGUI Phone Profiles (Second Edition) and PPCProfiles both will lock up your phone to the point that it will require a hard reset. I have contacted both groups for support but I am not sure it will be an easy fix. PhoneAlarm is a decent alternative if ur looking for individual Profiles just not as robust. Hope this information helps everyone.

Pocket Zen Phone is another good alternative--not all the features are functional on the 6600, but it is a nice program. However, I couldn't get it to mix with phoneAlarm, so I uninstalled PZP.

mwfielder...

Thanks for the heads-up. I was wondering about pzp & phonealarm interactions. I'd seen other posts about this, but not as succinct. I was looking at pzp last night, wondering if it would be compatible.

I didn't get them to work together, but Bruce has since added profiles to his list of goodies. I'm using his program solely at this point. However, you can disable profiles to allow for programs like PZP.

But I haven't combined the two lately to see if that works. Since I'm happy with phoneAlarm, I don't think I'll try PZP again any time soon.