Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Compusa Fun

Compusa Fun

im really excited that compusa picked the 6600 up, i had a blast taking my G1000 and repeatively hitting the lcd screen with a rock in the parkinglot 1 week b4 my replacement plan was up. i wanna buy this phone from comp. i used to work at store 761, but i have no idea cost ne more, cuz those ass's wont tell me over the phone, does any one know wat the PPC 6600 is at COST and what the replacement plan at COST is over 500ish i forgot... -_-a

G dood. It prolly cost a leet lot. It would suxor if CUSA don't fall for your roxors plan.

Originally posted by Kupe
    G dood. It prolly cost a leet lot. It would suxor if CUSA don't fall for your roxors plan.
    LOL!
    Jeremiah 29:11

More converged than ever!
    To be helpful, I called store 761 (San Jose), and they said to bring your phone in, they said would be happy to help a former employee.

PS. Watch out for broken glass in the parking lot.
    Used to be a Kyo fan, anyway. A "Smartphone" user since adding a modem card to my HP95 Pocket Computer (1992).

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Kay zero zero ell you dee zero zero dee zee

E
    (zed for europeans)

Good luck. I actually had a legitimate break in my touchscreen and sent my 6600 into lock\line. Several days later, I get a package and open it, only to find a Treo 650 in it. Thinking this was a mistake, I called lock\line up only to be stonewalled by several layers of customer "service".

Lock\line's policy is that they can replace your phone with a "comparable" phone. I can understand this for old phones that are no longer carried, but to substitute a Pocket PC phone with a Palm OS phone is total crap. I have several hundred dollars worth of software and accessories which are now unusable thanks to this, so be careful and make sure the guarantee is really what you think it is.

I agree with you that the treo 650 is not comparable at all with the pocket pc format even though the treo is a nice pda phone.

If you write a letter or email to the insurance commissioner and the Better Business Bureau they will contact you within 2 weeks to fix the problem. I think it stinks to have to fight with lockline over this issue. They tried that with me, but I would not except the treo 650 as a comparable phone. I finally recieved the 6600 it was very frustrating dealing with Lockline and Sprint over this issue. I think I would have rather gone to the dentist. LOL

Try asking for a supervisor and tell them that you plan on sending out letters if it is not resolved. They won't listen but at least you will give them a chance to make it right. They will do what they need to do after you complain to the insurance commissioner because they do not want to loose thier insurance license.

IT Worked for me.

Shackbanger

Thank you for the advice. I'll give it a shot. I'm willing to give them a shot to make it right, but there's no way I'm going to accept this kind of substitution.

Just eBay the Treo and use the $$$ to buy a 6600.

Lockline screwed you. You should fight back. That statrement about "comparable device" should only apply if the 6600 is discontinued, or for some compelling reason they can't get hold of one.

haha u called my store, dude i left there that b* that runs it now is such a a*, she wouldnt hook me up with a discontinued laptop cuz she knew i was leaving, so mad at her, i was like busting my a* making tap sales for months and the least she can do is hook me up with a laptop they dont need ne more...c*nt pardon my french...

Edited for language.
    Last edited by Falconier; 03-23-2005 at 11:56 PM.

ne ways, ne one know the EXACT COST of the product there. just need a price at cost so i know how much i need? thx

ha ha d00d. u r 2 much! u were robbed by cusa. u should roxor them in court for the monies u need. price at cost is prolly more than u hav. ne ways, sorry.

I've been staying clear of this post because when you destroy your device on purpose to collect insurance it's called insurance fraud and in some cases it's a federal crime. The first day of your lawyer's time is going to cost a lot more than your pocket pc phone, so I don't advise doing it.
    On the other hand, I know of an open claim (case) about Lockline and Sprint and how they (do not) honor their warranty and insurance. Let me know about your experience if they substituted an inferior device for your PC6600, G1000 or whatever. I'll attach it as evidence in the case that's now open.

I agree totally. I think it's pretty sleazy to abuse an insurance policy, not to mention illegal. My case was a legitimate accident. After a lot of prodding, lock\line did come through and has sent out a replacement.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    50, d1d +h3 d00d 63+ 415 r0x0r pl4n 2 w3rk?

Yes, purposely breaking it is fraud. Now, be careful and don't let it fall out of your pocket onto the gravel.

Also, don't try some roxur plan where it's turned in as stolen and then sold on ebay after the new one arrives.

BTW, is there actually an example of someone so dumb out there??

compusa is very shady about pda tap replacements
    Check out clickclickPOP! for the most breaking pocket pc news. Click. Click. POP!

haha wat the hell are all you guys talking about. i think u guys have 2 different conversations going on. any ways, wat the hell is the numbers. i worked at compusa for quite some time and i milked the system they offer as much as i can, and if you dont, thats your bad, go to church pray to your god, and be a good lil christian, as to me, imma enjoy the wonderful advantage provided for me. any ways, wat the hell is the cost numbers, i just wanna calculate how much money i need b4 i walk up in there.

oh ya, that ebay scheme, is like obviously wrong, i mean, u cant do it with compusa, but u can with sprint insurance, i have no idea if they have serials, or id numbers, so i would be careful with that one, i would hate to have that backlash. but if u think about it, sprint does offer 2 claims annually, and thats pretty gracious of them, apparently they can afford such a scheme, and im sure they are well aware of it.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast