+ Reply to Thread

Can I still use the PPC6600 PDA option if I discontinue my cellular service?

I plan on purchasing the PPC6600 along with Sprint service. I haven't had cell service for a few years, and frankly I'm unsure how much I'll be using it, so I may disconnect the service after the first year.

I know that this may be a silly question, but I have to ask:
    If I disconnect my cell service, will I still be able to use the PDA aspect of the phone for addresses, appointment management, etc? I know I definitely need the PDA, I just have to be sure that I can still use it if I stop service.

Thanks,

Kay

Yeah you can still use the PDA portion without the phone. This is a really expensive route to go if you don't really care about the cell/data wireless aspect.

You might consider getting a pda with wifi/bluetooth and a cheaper phone with bluetooth. (Then you can connect the pda with bluetooth). Just another thought.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

OK, but then I would need two devices to have the PDA option on one, and the cell service with the other...is that correct? I know that I want both for at least one year, and I'm all for convenience. I just wanted to be sure that I could use the PDA if I decided on the off-chance that I wanted to disconnect cell service.

P.S. Don't you ever "not work here"?

Kay

"Work" is a four letter word I try not to partake in.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

I'm not sure what Sprint offers, with Verizon, you can currently buy just the data service.
    walti

Administrator
    you cannot use the phone as data only, you must have a voice plan. better to just get a ipaq or somethign and throw in a wifi card.

if you must have the 660x, just get a small plan with 300 minutes or so.. its not that much money to have a small bucket of voice minutes...

yes u can get a data only plan for 49.99. no voice minute allowance u pay 25 cents per voice minute

Administrator
    Originally posted by mopper
    yes u can get a data only plan for 49.99. no voice minute allowance u pay 25 cents per voice minute
    same thing as getting a low ball voice minute plan. you cant simply turn off the phone side and only use data.. there has to be a provision in there for voice..

thats somewhat true, u dont need a separate voice plan, and its unl data. just dont call anyone or give ne1 ur number. just ignore phone functionality