+ Reply to Thread

Pocket Outlook folders

Dumb question, but I can't figure it out.

I have a XV6600 and ActiveSync 3.7.1

It was my understanding that POutlook will sync only the Inbox and folders directly under the Inbox. So far so good.

1) *ALL* of my Outlook folders are available on the PPC. There is no content in any of them, but they're all there. Why is this?

2) Right now my Outlook Inbox has approximately 20 items in it. However, ActiveSync is currently in the middle of a Inbox sync that displays "Inbox: 800 of 3900 items completed"

I just autoarchived the desktop Outlook this morning, which is related to this 3900 item sync I'm sure... but if only the Inbox and direct subfolders are synchronized, why am I getting the 3900 items message? It happens every so often, and it takes forever. Any info is greatly appreciated!

Brandon

Well, I found that I can explicitly declare to sync any or all of the Outlook folders in ActiveSync under Inbox settings. This is an improvement over what was available a year or two ago.

Since none of the folders are selected though (other than Inbox itself).. still doesn't explain why I have to sit through the 3900 items delay.

Brandon