+ Reply to Thread

6600 camera phone.. NO MMS?!!? crazy!

I spent 2 hours on tech support trying to find out why I kept getting this 'username password incorrect' error when trying to send a picture..

finally they tell me that you cannot use MMS with the phone..

I understand I can send with email .. but still... thier top of the line phone can't do mms?!?!

oh and I have the VERIZON phone

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    I am able to send mms with my [verizon] xv6600.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

???

Then why would verizon tell me IT DOES NOT DO MMS??

Did you change the default settings or something?

They said they tried to give me the option where I can send adn recieve pictures and it seemed to break the interenet connection on the phone...

so I guess I should call and try to find someone who knows what they are talking about ?

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Yes. First - call during the day.
    Second - ask for the data group, and when they ask you which phone you have don't say "XV6600", because they confuse that with the VX6600. Tell them "Pocket PC PDA PHone".

When you get the data group tell them you want MMS active on your acct. Then they should walk you through nothing, because there's nothing to setup.

I don't even know where you are entering a username/password -- I don't have that prompt anywhere.

E

Ive been on tech support for about 15 mins so far and they said my 6600 cannot do MMS.. so I told them IT CAN!! It has a camera on it!! So they put me back on hold..

ok 40 mins later. .they figured it out!! they had that i had a non camera verison for some reason and kept trying to convince me I could not get MMS.. after the 6th person they finally got it right. happy happy!

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    Great to hear that. BTW I did nothing special to get my phone to use MMS. I think it as Ehud said, it must be activated on the verizon side.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

i think the main problem was they screwed up and sent me the non camera version and then sent me the camerea version and got confused

it also doesnt help that they couldnt give the camera version a different name