+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth Headset profile on PC

It seems as if this has been skirted around, but I wanted to see if anyone has been able to use their pc as a headset successfully. I installed the Widcomm v4 bluetooth drivers from this thread at mp3car.comhttp://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=35927

The headset profile works great, until the pocket pc turns off, then the computer completely breaks the connection with the 6600. It will never resume the connection on its own(not even after 3-4 rings) and I have to go into the bluetooth manager and double click the profile again(on the pocketpc). I installed 3900b and have experienced the memory error. This did not change anything with the connection. I would really like to use my ppc-6600 with my car pc but would like to not have the connection drop all the time. Do you guys have any suggestions?

I have used it with little problems.(Except for the ones reported in the thread below)
    Caller ID shows up as a bubble in your system tray. (That was a cool feature)

See this thread about disconnection and long answer times
    PPC6600 BT headset answers on 4th ring?!
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Yeah I had read that thread but it didn't mention anything about hooking it up to a computer. Mine seems to be different because I get the headphones with the questionmark logo, but it never makes the connection, no matter how many rings. I wish there was some way for me to make windows media player pause with the ringing of my phone. It would completely eliminate my need for a program like phonecontrol(which doesn't support the pocket pc OS). I'll probably have to put a cradle in my car and use that to keep the phone always on so the bluetooth never drops.