+ Reply to Thread

Question All I want is to simply Sync XV6600 w/PC

I just got an XV6600 from Verizon. All I want to do is to sync between my home PC running Outlook 2003 and the XV6600. Of course, Active Sync works fine. Then I set up Wireless sync and I can get my messages fine on the XV6600 wirelessly, but any messages I receive on the XV6600 via wireless sync, do not sync via Active Sync. It's like they don't exist on Active Sync.
    I have tried disabling wireless sync and using POP3 on the XV6600, but that only adds a new account on the xv6600 and will not sync on ACtive Sync.

Is there a SIMPLE reliable sync process that will truly sync, not vreate duplicates, and delete on both when I delete, etc...?

If you are syncing with wireless sync do not sync the same information with activesync. Wireless sync is activesync for Inbox, Calendar, Contacts, Notes and Tasks between outlook and the device. If you have wireless sync running, only set activesync to sync files, favorites, avantgo if anything at all.

Otherwise you will get duplicates and other problems.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Thanks for your quick reply. If I set up this way, which I have, messages that I received and read on the XV6600, or the PC do not match. I guess I am use to my old Blackberry at work (if I read or deleted on either device, status would change on both).
    Also, if I set the way you suggest, how do I get messages sent or saved... to sync? Or do I just need to live with two different e-mail Inbox and calendars?

I forgot to ask the first question. What is your Outlook 2003 connecting to? Is it an exchange server, pop server, imap server, none of the above?

I have wireless sync working to my outlook which is connected to an exchange server. My device matches my Outlook exactly. If I read something, If I delete something, it all updates in all places.

One thing to test out and look at is

http://www2.wirelesssync.vzw.com

Make sure there are no errors there and that the mail there matches at least your outlook inbox.

Calendars should sync also.

Try doing a manual wireless sync and see if it goes through and clears anything up. From the today sceen on your pocket pc -> click and hold on wireless sync icon in the right hand corner, and select sync.

I am using comcast POP3, no exchange server. I have tried wireless sync with removing messages from the server. That way, when I get a msg on PC it is there only, and if I get a msg via wireless sync it is on the xv6600. When I do this, I was hoping that active sync would merge the two inboxes, but message that are on the PC sync on the xv6600, but messages on the xv6600 will not active sync.

Maybe I am doing something wrong or trying to expect too much. Would PC Sync work in my config or do I need this?

It is unclear to me what wireless sync will do if your outlook is connecting to a pop server. The problem with pop is that it isn't very good when it comes to syncing.

You can setup pop directly on the device and have it poll the pop server.

Maybe someone with more pop experience can chime in here.

What I have experienced using pop is that, between the server and my device, the server always wins. I am using yahoo pop access and gmail pop access. The only time anything ever gets synced up is when I do a send receive. If I delete it on the server, it deletes on the device on the send recieve. If I delete it on the device, it stays on the server anyway. The only way the server ever gets affected is by what you described, removing messages from the server after pop get.

What I am confused about is the way you are describing what sounds like 2 mailboxes.

"That way, when I get a msg on PC it is there only, and if I get a msg via wireless sync it is on the xv6600.When I do this, I was hoping that active sync would merge the two inboxes, but message that are on the PC sync on the xv6600, but messages on the xv6600 will not active sync."

Where are the messages on the xv6600 coming from? If they are from wireless sync, is it becuase you have pop3 setup as an account on the wireless sync website? Or do you have wireless sync setup to monitor Outlook? (I don't think you can use verizon's desktop monitor to watch outlook unless it is exchange or dominos.)

I have a single POP3 account on Comcast. I have my Outlook on the PC set to pull msg off the POP3 server when Outlook is open (I close Outlook when I am using the xv6600).

I have wireless sync set up to pull the same POP3 comcast account. As long as my PC Outlook is closed, wireless sync is able to pull new mesaages off the POP3 account. I can read, reply, delete without issue on the xv6600 (calendar, notes, tasks too.).

With this arrangement all I want is a way to sync my PC and XV6600 e-mail, calendar, notes, tasks so they are basically the same. Can I have wireless sync sync my PC? Without Exchange? Should I just try it or do you think someone has already?

I really appreciate your assistance on this. By the way, has anyone complained about the speech quality on the XV6600 on Verizon? Specifically the sound of the XV6600 user voice on the other end of calls.

more sync/email trouble

Also not having an easy time w/ VZ WS. I'd love to be able get an email off my 6600 and sync'ed w/ outlook on my laptop. I deleted the email from my pop yahoo acct. so it never made it too the vz server/outlook. It seems ridiculous that i need to leave the yahoo mail on the server and have it all download to both the 6600 and outlook and then delete twice. Is this really the case. an email only on the 6600 doesn't get transferred through activesync or vz ws??