+ Reply to Thread

do i need a data plan?

Are you required to get a data plan with the verizon vx6600? I want a voice only, and to be able to use 1x having it deduct from my minutes. The way my current plan is setup I use my cell w/ a usb cable as a modem on a laptop and can use 1x having it just deduct minutes

Re: do i need a data plan?

Originally posted by tange1
    Are you required to get a data plan with the verizon vx6600? I want a voice only, and to be able to use 1x having it deduct from my minutes. The way my current plan is setup I use my cell w/ a usb cable as a modem on a laptop and can use 1x having it just deduct minutes
    That is exactly what I do...I have no data plan, all my data is subtracted from my miniutes.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!

interesting

that is very interesting. i was told i had to have the data plan, by their retail outlet in new hampshire where 3g isn't available yet. (but is available to where i frequently travel). i will be calling them this week to find out what's up with that. thanks

Yea if you asked the dumbies who are on the floor they tell you that you have to have data service, if you talk to a CSR they can tell you that you dont need data plan's but that they advise you to disable 1X so you dont accidently eat up 2000 minutes or something browsing the web. For me I'll use either the onboad wifi on the i730 (please please please) or add a wifi card to a VX6600 most of the time and only use 1X occasionally.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I had an Audiovox Thera PDA Phone before my XV6600. I was using the 1x on my minutes for about a year. However, when my contract ended VZW flagged my account and started charging me for data. I was able to get credited for that first month but have not been able to get around the data charges since. Any suggestions are welcome.

Strange, because on my account I can see that they are letting me use 1X data service w/ my phone for no charge. I believe it was last summer over a year ago that they made a change to everyone's account allwoing them to use 1X for just minutes. Mine just shows up as a phone call to #777 (I think thats the number?)

Verizon is very strange, if one person is haselling you, hang up try another. It seems that a different person will not only give you a different answer but also differnt results.
    Thanks
    - Andrew - PDAPhoneHome.com

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    when i signed up a couple of months ago, they had no record of me having the data plan though i had it available to me. they said that this was very strange and proceeded to start charging me for the data plan.
    anyways someone there told me that some people may very well be getting the use of the data plan without paying for it because of signing up a year or so ago. or some such nonsense.
    in any case, they charged me 350 for my first bill. and i told her that i never paid more than 200 per month and expected only 250 per month with my new plan. well she said that i changed plans in the middle of the month and that was why. i told her that i don't give a damn about their accounting methods and i wanted a credit or i was going to nextel. anyways the second person gave me a 100 credit.