+ Reply to Thread

6600 with sim card?

Does the 6600 on the sprint network feature a sim card for ID?

thanks
    ¥A B 3¥

Administrator
    no.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    If you have the 6600 for the SPRINT network that's GPRS, it uses a SIM card.

Why do you ask?

E
    p.s. SPRINT's network is CDMA.

Originally posted by Ehud
    If you have the 6600 for the SPRINT network that's GPRS, it uses a SIM card.

Why do you ask?

E
    p.s. SPRINT's network is CDMA.
    i'm thinking about purchasing the pda. i don't really want to go with sprint but my girlfriend uses it so it's kind of necessary so that we both don't go broke.

i'm curious about simlocks and what-not for later down the line. a friend of mine uses the siemen model purchased from a cingular wholesaler which works on his tmobile network without any problems.

i'm guessing now that cingular and tmobile use the same type of network which is why he doesn't have any problems?
    ¥A B 3¥

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    SPRINT uses CDMA. You can't use that phone anywhere other than CDMA carriers.

In my area that's SPRINT, Verizon, and Alltel. The one guy who tried to use the SPRINT PPC-6600 on Verizon got all but the EVDO working. Nobody has activated one on Alltel. (I have a friend who's an Alltel engineer, and he got his i700 activated... but they won't do it for customers. Don't know about the 6600.)

T-Mobile is GSM. GSM uses SIMs. SIMs have locks. Those can be unlocked. See xda-developers.com for more info.

Ehud