+ Reply to Thread

Bluetooth file installation question

First time doing the Rambo style install of a patch. (or any patch for that matter). have 6600 from Sprint with phone and BT 800 Jabra and trying to install 3900B patch. (my Bluetooth won't connect up when 6600 is in sleep mode until the call is missed).

I copied all the files and they were extracted to my desktop PC.
    The instructions say to copy those to the PocketPC to storage (which I found) and then to click on the patch to run it.

None of the files are PocketPC executables. What am I doing wrong here?

There are around 41 individual files.. what is the installer for these files?
    Last edited by Michael James; 03-23-2005 at 07:50 AM.

You may want to search the board. I am not certain that what you are doing will resolve your issue with that headset.

From what I have heard, updating the Bluetooth files will take my answer time from 6 or 7 rings down to 2-3

Please dont post with non-descript subjects. This is every forum's preferred etiquette.

-BD

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    1. The 3900 doesn't need anything complicated. Copy the CAB files to your PPC, not the stuff inside them.

2. Point and click on the CAB files, not the stuff inside them.

3. Use descriptive subject lines like "I can't figure out how to install 3900."

4. If you would use search, you'd find that you want to use 3900, not 3900B.

Ehud

When I download 3900 (or any versions of them), what displays on my screen are the 41 files inside the cab. I tried to right click on the CAB to copy it on Windows XP2 and it won;t give me the Copy selection.

I still do not understand once I copy the CAB file over to the pocketpc how its going to self extract over the top of the existing Bluetooth files from the Storage directory when there is no executable

You're not downloading 3900, you're extracting it.

If right-click doesn't work, use a real browser like Mozilla Firefox.

A CAB file is executable on the PPC because the Microsoft Installer accesses it. It's like an MSI file on a PC.

Ehud

Just so I completely understand this... you copy 1 (one) file which is the cab file from the desktop computer to the PocketPC. When its over on the PocketPC in the Storage subdirectory, you double click on it and the PocketPC will automatically install the contents (all 41 files) over the top of the existing bluetooth files.

How does it know which subdirectory the bluetooth files are in?

I give up.

Ehud

Got it to work... thank you for all your help.

Results: Running off the audiovox Rom upgrade and installed 3900.. it did wake up and did connect to the BT 800 unit.. now my problem is, after about 30 minutes or so, I think the BT 800 itself goes into a sleep mode and is having trouble waking up!

See:
    Which head sets work with ROM 3500

About 50% of the people using this headset have complained it doesn't work well with the 6600.

Ehud

just tested again calling sprint to sprint and is working perfectly,,,,

but when I get an "Unknown caller" I don't get it..hmmmm