+ Reply to Thread

PPC-6601 Crashed. How to recover?

For the second time this year, my PPC-6601 has crashed hard. I have a backup that was created last night using ActiveSync, but the restore says about 10 are still in use and can't be restored. I deleted the original partnership, called "PPC-6601" then restablished it before the Restore.

What should I be doing to get this thing up and running again. (I will have a folowup thread later to determine what causes this thing to be so flaky and lockup and/or crash!)

Thanks,

Steve

Use a real backup program. I suggest Sprite Backup.

I might well do that, but this is getting to be ridiculous. The PPC-6601 locks up at least once every day just to remind me who is in charge it seems. After the "restore", it refuses to let me continue with the original partnership name. I have since named the SOB "Lucifer" for good reason. It looks to me like I am looking at a full rebuild.

If you keep restoring the same backup that locks up, you are probably wasting your time.

Hard-reset, install everything from scratch and then perform a full backup with Sprite.

Actually I tried to restore just once. At the end of that restore I received a message box indicating about 10 files had not been restored. I noticed that PocketWeather was not running, but the other apps seemed to be there, although I did not test everything. Soon after that I tried to do a sync. That was when I got a message saying that the "PPC-6601" partnership was already made and that I had to sync as guest or make a new partnership.

It looks as though I am looking at a fresh build though.. I will look into Sprite backup since the Activesync backup is a big disappointment.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    In activesync delete the partnership, then you can readd it with the same name.

Search for "delete partnership".

E