+ Reply to Thread

Sweet Bluetooth, Collapsable, Stereo Headphones & Headset ...all in 1

Ok, I've gone through 3 bluetooh headsets, a motorola, jabra, and now a sony. I was happy with the sony until I saw these:

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

BAD ASS!
    ....now unfortunantly you can't order these through the manufactuer unless you wanna get 50 at a time...(about $7500) I was lucky enough to find a guy who has a contact at Bluetake and he is able to sell me these for $189.00 plus $10.00 shipping. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll setup and Ebay auction with a Buy it Now on it for one. If you check Ebay you'll see that there are 2 auctions only for these and they are about $195.00 with about $9.99 shipping so I can hook you up a little cheaper if you go through me.

Yeah they're certainly full-featured. I've read reports that they're huge though, and people will give you funny looks when you're walking down the street wearing them .

Also, they've been on the market longer than any of the other BT A2DP devices (to the best of my knowledge), so they should be easily obtainable online. I believe mobileplanet.com has them for $195.

If anyone here does get them, please post a review (with pics, if possible) and let us know how well they work with the A2DP and Handsfree profiles in the 6600. I thought I read a post from someone who said he tried them with his 6600 but couldn't get A2DP working (of course that could be just a troubleshooting thing).

Mobileplanet Link

Dan

Nice ... very nice and if they work worth every penny
    BUT do they work w/ our phones
    What about quality anyone herd of these
    Do you offer a money back guarentee ??

I'm still waiting on mine to come in the mail...should be here in a couple of days...ill let you guys know how they are...btw my distributer owns a pair and he says they are a little bigger but about the same size as the HP Bluetooth headphones...

I tried them awhile ago and they didn't work, so I sent them back. But that was before the BT A2DP Patch, so I'm guessing they would've worked with them.

I also saw these the other day:
    http://www.pocketnow.com/index.php?a...reviews&id=598
    Similar, but include a built-in MP3 Player w/ SD slot and an FM Radio.

Oh, BTW - eCost had the Blutake headsets, but I wouldn't recommnend using them at all. I had a bad experience buying from them as well as trying to return these headphones. Stay away!
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Re: Sweet Bluetooth, Collapsable, Stereo Headphones & Headset ...all in 1

Originally posted by djrodimus
    Ok, I've gone through 3 bluetooh headsets, a motorola, jabra, and now a sony. I was happy with the sony until I saw these:

http://www.bluetake.com/products/BT420EX.htm

BAD ASS!
    ....now unfortunantly you can't order these through the manufactuer unless you wanna get 50 at a time...(about $7500) I was lucky enough to find a guy who has a contact at Bluetake and he is able to sell me these for $189.00 plus $10.00 shipping. If anyone is interested please let me know and I'll setup and Ebay auction with a Buy it Now on it for one. If you check Ebay you'll see that there are 2 auctions only for these and they are about $195.00 with about $9.99 shipping so I can hook you up a little cheaper if you go through me.

Tried these when I first got my XV6600 and was very disappointed in the build quality and size. I felt like Princess Leia from Star Wars with Big Buns on my ears! It also didn't help that we didn't have the high quality audio profile available on the XV6600 at the time either.

I am also curious how good it sounds for music. Both it's audio quality and any noises that may occur from being wireless.

The last bluetooth headset I used was first generation Jabra with the included Bluetooth transmitter for phone/voice only. It picked up static and noice when I would move around. That's somewhat OK for voice but would not be good when your trying to enjoy some tunes.

If it was good, I would buy it for use when walking outside or when I'm on the treadmill, etc.

Let us know about the wireless and overall sound quality...
    walti