+ Reply to Thread

DUN over Bluetooth only works once

Has anyone tried using the VX6600 as a modem to acess the EVDO network?

I do it often and it works however it only works once per soft reset and that is not due to bluetooth. Here is the process.

I have to soft reset the VX6600 then I can connect to Verizon using the VX. After I disconnect I cannot connect again, however I can connect to the VX using bluetooth so I suspect that is not the problem. The phone also connects fine on its own to Verizon so I also suspect that is not the problem.

Does anyone reliably use DUN on the VX and can connect multiple times in a row without a soft reset?

I am running the latest Audiovox ROM from their site (no additional pacthes).

Post exactly how you do it (baud rates, config, etc)

Thanks.

How are you disconnecting? I don't have VX, but Sprint. I can disconnect and connect. But I always disconnect from PC.

Sometimes I disconnect sometimes I get disconnected, the result is the same. However even when I disconnect and cannot reconnect to Verizon the VX6600 is still fine and connecting. I am thinking that it is either something Verizon is doing on their side or the VX simply takes over the IP connection and does not relinquish it. As I mentioned the Bluetooth connection between the PC and the VX is fine.

Anyone else with a VX on Verizon able to reliably use the DUN feature without soft reseting? If so please post your setup.

Thanks.

I have the same problem, regardless of whether I am using my Mac to dial out or my Palm Zire 72 to dial out. One connection per soft reset.

I have not upgraded the ROM yet,
    Larry Ganz
    http://www.jesusreigns.org
    John 3:16

I can redial many times in a row without a problem, but I discovered it is most reliable when I disable push on wireless sync and manually disconnect the PDA itself from a data session by pressing the phone-end button for several seconds.

Same here. I have to disconnect from the cdma2000 network before bluetooth dun will connect with the Verizon XV6600. I have been able to connect multiple times without a soft reset, as long as I am disconnected from cdma2000.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2