+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ety-Com

Ety-Com

Due to low volume, comfort and general frustration, I've decided to abandon the Bluetooth headset quest for now.

Has anyone tried the Ety-Com headset from Etymotic Research? I have had a set of Ety ER4S headphones for a few years and I could bore you to death with pages of praise for these phones. Suffice to say that they changed the way I travel and listen to music forever. No exagerration.

Anyway, I see that Etymotic has a wired headset out now. http://www.etymotic.com/ephp/etycom.asp

I just ordered one from Headroom http://www.headphone.com for $69. I've ordered several items from them in the past, and found them to have exceptional customer service, including a 30 day no questions asked satisfaction gaurantee.

Does anyone have experience with the Ety-com? I'll let you guys know what I think when it comes in early next week. -Jay

I've been using the Etymotic earpiece for about a year now and absolutely love it. Because of the way the earpiece seals your ear when it's pushed in, I have the best chance to hear the caller even in airports and other noisy environments. The microphone, because it's flexible and holds its position, can be moved right in front of your mouth if necessary (again for noisy places).

Besides having a cord, the one downside? Don't laugh. The earpiece can start to loosen and even fall out of my ear if I have it in when I'm eating. So life isn't perfect. I deal with it.

Finally, the device is so small and collapsible, I can carry it around in its little pouch in my pocket and barely feel I have it on me. I don't know what else I'd use (again, for a corded unit) if I didn't have it.

Good luck. I think you're going to like it.

Joel

Thanks Joel. I'm looking forward to giving it a go. Yeah, I hadn't considered the portability aspect. That's one of the great things about my Ety headphones. Phenomonal sound reproduction and isolation, and I carry them around in a case that's half the size of a pack of M&Ms!. -Jay