+ Reply to Thread

Trouble answering calls / getting Voicemail (Sprint)

Problems with call answering and voicemail on Sprint. I'd like to open a thread on these issues. (Apologies if I'm duplicating a thread. Please redirect me if there's an existing one. I didn't see it.)

I've been noticing a few things:

1. Phone rings, I pull it out of holder (supplied holder, being super careful not to press buttons on the screen) I see two silly little on-screen buttons for answering. What was Gates' crew thinking? These buttons are miniscule. At least Palm Treo has finger-sized buttons. I try to tap "Answer" a few times. I miss the call even though the "Answer" button was highlighted. For some reason it didn't answer. I've lost the call. Drat!

2. I don't reliably get notification of new VM. I have Phone Alarm installed but I assume SPrint in its silliness doesn't transmit an indicator of number of new VMs, only that there is a flag set on in the 'new mail' category. It's a single bit, I assume, either 1 or 0. Phone Alarm lets me know if there is a missed call, but not number of VMs. Wouldn't it be great to see:

New VM: 4
    Saved VM: 5

Is that so hard to implement?

Any suggestion on workarounds? I have downloaded Phone Lock but not tried it yet. Will try it starting today.

rc

1. Have you tried answering calls using the big hardware button with the green phone on it?

2. I answered this question when you posted it in another thread. See here:

Sick and tired of XV600. Need advice (or 10 things I hate about XV6600)

There's no workaround because it's a Sprint network thing. All Sprint handsets have this issue.

Dan

Thanks, Dan. So often it' s a one handed operation and pressing the green button means risking dropping the unit.

yeah. l remembered what you said about sprint but I thought maybe phone alarm could keep a count somehow. I guess it's wishful thinking.

Straint to VM

I have the same issues, it has ranged from bad sprint towers in Atlanta of all places.

I have also found that when your phone is not picking up calls you can place test calls to it, while it is ringing if you turn on the phone feature (green button), close it top right x, turn it back on, it will actually pick up the incoming call.

I have tried this over 10 times and seems to someohow refresh the state of the phone.

Anyone else seen this.

I wonder if there is a registry setting to setting the polling time on the phone part.

shooter