+ Reply to Thread

wireless sync and "sent" mail

It takes many hours-sometimes a day before email that I have sent via wireless sync shows up as "sent" in the "sent" folder. What's going on here? Not very reassuring when trying to remember when and if an email got off...Any ideas?
    Samsung i760

I got the longest runaround on this from verizon.

First they claimed you need to have port 3102 open. They claim that is the port intellisync uses. Verizon CS also said to make sure you are not filtering email. They told me the domain but I dont recall offhand. Sorry.

I experienced this delay for quite some time. Then my wireless sync server crashed. I saw a whole bunch of messages from the domain VCS told me not to filter. Rebooted the server then all my mails started sending.

If you call Verizon ask to get directly in touch with intellisync. Make sure the email isnt being filtered and that the port is open and to tell VCS that.

I am not sure why mine started working. WS worked before with my treo 600. It stopped. Now it is working great. It could be coincidental. My IT department is about to deploy a mobile solution so they might have done something that helps me out.

Thanks, but I'm not running the server on my desktop. I'm simply using the website based server at vzw. I would think they would have this port open by default...what is odd is that if I manually sync I DO get the send folder to update...it's just the automatic sync that seems to be delayed in updating the information...
    Samsung i760

I am having the exact same problem.

1) I am not happy that the desktop client will not work with out exchange server. It SHOULD not be difficlut to have it access Outlook PST files directly.

2) If I am seriously using the PPC Outlook to send messages, you allways have to force the sync.

3) Does anyone get atleast one Intelisync crash each day?

BlackBerry can do it... Intelisync can't? Sad....

Sorry... I did not realize that I had been holding this in so long

heliskier59:
    Maybe I don't understand your setup. Wireless Sync from Verizon is used to either monitor Outlook with a desktop monitor or a Pop3 or IMAP acount.

We are talking about this site?
    https://www4.wirelesssync.vzw.com

If not what are we talking about?

Also if you go to the website can you send email from there without delay? When I was having the problem I couldn't send emails from the website either. Like I said it was due to the communication between my desktop monitor and the wireless sync website.

sphinx88:
    1)It does suck. What are you trying to monitor?

2)For a while, even with forced sync my mail wouldn't send. There was a communication problem between the vzw site and my monitor.

3)My monitor is up for weeks at a time. The last crash was from the entire computer going down, not just intellisync. I run nothing but the desktop monitor on the computer.

Blackberry has an Enterprise server running on top of your exchange server. You can directly sink with your Exchange server with your PPC. Desktop monitor is just a way to bypass an overzealous IT department.(In my case at least)(yeah there is a desktop redirector for BB but lets not go there)
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Originally posted by IvanLasston

sphinx88:
    1)It does suck. What are you trying to monitor?
    POP and IMAP work Great, and the Intelisync(Desktop) is not even installed. What I would like to get working is the contacts/Calender/Tasks that I was told only works with Outlook running through an exchange server. the Desktop client will not sync outlook in a stand alone mode. Or atleast that is what I was told by verizon.

As for crashing, it was the Intelisync client on my 6600 that is giving me some trouble. However it is most likely related to other beta programs I am running.

If anyone knows a way to Sync over the network I would love ot hear it!

I am giving up on this (Warning: this is long)

I am at my wits end with this POS (and no, that doesn't stand for Palm Operating System).

I have Sprint and have been using Seven for over a year. I like the e-mail, but hated the calendar and the way it did contacts. When Intellisync announced that they were offering what they offer Verizon to the public, I thought I would give it a try and if it worked, I could put the rest of my department on it. It seemed like a great solution that it allowed one computer to monitor up to 20 accounts. I also liked the idea of being able to sync everything wirelessly and turning my 6600 into a Blackberry. I signed up and then the troubles began.

First, I couldn't download the software from their site since it required Active X and my company has that completely shut down. Not even my friends at the Help Desk could get around that. I was told that there is no CD and no FTP site to download the software from and the only way to install it was from the website. I tried doing it on my home computer in order to capture the install file, but even that couldn't be done. After days of *****ing, they finally set up a secure FTP site for me to download the software.

After I installed it to my dedicated computer, it wouldn't let me set it up as a Workgroup Monitor. I kept getting an error message that I couldn't be authenticated (even though I have Admin privileges). The Tech guy at Intellisync said that sometimes the security settings of a company don't allow it to authenticate. I was able to set it up as an Individual monitor (why one works and not the other, I can't answer), but that kind of defeated the purpose of using it with other people in the department.

I then installed the software on my PPC. Everything synced up except for Inbox and Outbox. It would give me error messages that it couldn't connect, but it had no problem with everything else: sent, drafts, trash, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks. The tech support person couldn't figure out why it wasn't working with only the Inbox and Outbox. Finally, I thought I would try a hard reset and install only the PPC client on my 6600. After I did that, then everything was syncing fine; even my inbox and outbox.

But guess what! Even though the PPC is syncing with the web based monitor, nothing leaves the Outbox just like the people above are describing. It just sits there. It doesn't matter if I send it from my PPC or the web based client, it doesn't get sent. I have no idea if it will ever get sent. I did noticed that if I delete the PC account and then re-initialize it, then the outbox e-mail gets sent, but that is the only time and that's not a viable solution.

I am just about to give up on this and go back to Seven. Although it really didn't sync anything other than Mail, at least it worked well for that (except that it never notified you of new e-mail arriving in the inbox). So now I turned off e-mail push and re-installed Seven. I am using Seven for e-mail and letting Intellisync handle the rest of the PIM components (that is until the PC monitor crashed which it seems to do). Again, this isn't a really good solution (but it works for now).

Sorry for the long winded message, but I needed to vent when I saw that others were having some of the problems I am having. My 30 day trial period isn't over for another couple of weeks. I am this close to getting rid of this thing. On paper, it sounds great, but in reality, it is not ready for prime time. I just wish Seven would figure out how to notify you of new e-mail and sync all the other PIM components to the native PPC applications.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thanks,
    Jeff

HTC Fuze

I wish I could offer a better suggestion but I've been wanting a better solution since signing up for Wireless Sync a year ago (minus a week or so). Unfortunately, both Intellisync and SEVEN have flawed offerings.

I'm hoping Blackberry Connect will be better.
    iPhone 4S BB8830/Treo700wx/Treo700w/ XV6600/Treo600/Kyo7135

For what it's worth, if you're not using Blackberry Desktop Redirector (which requires Exchange as well) blackberries don't sync the calendar etc wirelessly. The blackberry web client by itself won't sync the calendar with outlook. It only acts as a POP client and forwarding agent.

If you're not using PC Monitor, Wireless Sync should send the email out all on it's own, it goes out as a SMTP message, not being sync's with PC Monitor to be sent.
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

so with a pop3 account, how can one get a copy of an email sent from your phone to outlook on your desktop without having to cc yourself in the email. verizon has been of no help - either with wireless sync or active sync.

you can't; there's no connection between wireless sync and the desktop. (This would be true of an email sent from a different POP client anywhere, it's not particularly a problem with wireless sync).
    Anything I say is mine. It is neither authorized nor endorsed by my employers or previous employers. Read at your own risk.

then what about active sync, or possibly a 3rd party email or sync software?

This is probably not the best solution for everyone but on the buisness end we use verizons intellisync with 3 tro 600's I have to have a machine set up and verizon allows 20 concurrent connections to a exchange server through that software. I have to reboot that machine about every 3-4 days. I personnally have a ppc 6600 and sprint and once you deploy OWA for exchange 2003 it also sets up WAP and wireless active sync. This set up has been flawless for me you have to put in your sms address for your phone then everytime an email comes in it uses an sms message to tell your phone its time to sync and get your messeges and outgoing email is sent almost instanly. Currently it only syncs mail calander and contacts but thats all i need. exchange 2003 sp2 and wm2005 are suppose to expand on the current abilities but i don't rememeber excatly what was included. Also lets me send pictures and video and files from my phone with out using sprints picture/video mail.