+ Reply to Thread
    DSG

6600 and the 2200

6600 and the 2200
    After reading numerous complaints and accolades about this battery I decided to order one.

It arrived yesterday and showed 47% charged.I immediately noticed it was a nice snug fit with no movement which was contrary to many compaints I had read.

I put the phone with battery in the charger and was happy to see the amber light come on....about 15 minutes into the charge the phone rang.. I decided not to answer it but noticed my nice amber light had changed to a flashing red!!!!OMG...well,I waited 20 minutes and then the nice amber light appeared.

I charged it the recommended 12 hours despite it showing fully charged after 3 hours.I took it out of the cradle and was happy to see all my functions including voice command still worked.

With my OEM battery I never had a hard reset but many soft resets so I will be interested in seeing how the 5500 performs with the new battery.

It seems to me that with the new battery now having a tight fit Mugen must have addressed some of the earlier problems.

Its only day 1 but so far so good.

BTW,,I have the Piel case and its snug but does fit ok..I imagine the leather will stretch a bit in time and it will be perfect.

DSG
    Sorry...meant to write 6600 in the original post not 5500.

Flashing red is not a problem -- it's the notification light to let you know something's happened.

Solid red is a problem.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Flashing red in your case was "Missed call" notification. I can't imagine why it switched back to amber unless you looked at the missed-call baloon or was in the phone program and looked at call history for either "All calls" or "Missed calls".

E

DSG
    Thanks for the info...I feel better.As I underdtand it i should let the battery run almost all the way down 3x to condition it before I put it in the cradle to recharge..So far so good today.

Nothing burns like Ice. iceninja's Avatar
    Originally posted by Ehud
    Flashing red in your case was "Missed call" notification. I can't imagine why it switched back to amber unless you looked at the missed-call baloon or was in the phone program and looked at call history for either "All calls" or "Missed calls".

E
    The flashing red light will go off by if you don't do anything else for like 10 minutes.
    Ice

DSG
    And It DId.

DSG
    Just an update...its strange,the 5500 seems to be performing better than with the OEM.I have not had a soft reset yet and with all the software I have loaded I was getting them frequently with the OEM.

When I woke up this morning the battery was 100%...but it seemed to fall to around 50% very quicklymbut fom 50% it has fallen to only 30% since this morning til around 7 tonight with frequent use of AOL and other software.Must be the conditioning process will improve its rate of decline from 100% to 50% I surmise.

Its early but I'm very pleased at this point.

The Cartman of Convergence
    The 6 is next to the 5.

DSG
    Well,things were just going to well. Yesterday I dropped the 6600 and it did a hard reset.Even though I can active sync my Microsoft Outlook stuff and had many software applications that I will have to reinstall...my fault,I dropped it.

It performed very well all yesterday afternoon and last night.But,early this am it would not turn on.I figured I ran the battery all the way down so I put it in the cradle...I got the Red Light...it would not charge.I took the battery out and put it back in several times..totally dead.

I then took an OEM battery out and put it in the PDA and it started working and charging right away...after 10 minutes I took it out of the cradle and reinserted the 2200 and it started working and is now charging.....very strange.

Well, when you drop one of these devices strange things can start to happen. It may or may not be the battery because dropping a 6600 is not exactly on the list of desired uses for the device.

R