+ Reply to Thread

using 6601 sprint to verizon unlocking??

has anyone any info on unlocking sprint 6601 to use on verizon, can this be done; fed up with sprint lousy customer service and limited rang..travel often!!

My Bluetooth is built in!
    It is more trouble than it is worth. Sell it and put the money towards a vx6600.
    PPC-6700, Treo 700wx, Samsung IP-i830w, Motorola i580, LG Fusic. Mix well, add accessories, consume.

Here is a forum dedicated to it.

http://www.iphone-forum.org/

The hard part isn't unlocking the phone. The hard part is social engineering the phone onto the network. (The ESN has to be activated on the network)

I unlocked the 650. I couldn't get anyone at Verizon to put it onto the network for me.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

You should have just been able to do an online ESN swap to activate the 650. There's a bunch of people who did it(and a long-ass thread) over at Treocentral.

Dan

Edit: As far as I know it's not possible with the 6600 because the existing PST tools won't talk to it so there's no way to reset the MSL. As BryanHarig said, the OP should just ebay it and buy a Verizon model.
    Last edited by luv2chill; 05-04-2005 at 09:17 PM.

Yeah I know. When I did it Verizon was starting to clamp down on it. ESN swap, web activation, and CS couldn't put it on. By the time I was moving it over, people were posting you had to go into the store to get it activated. I just ran out of time becaues I was going on vacation. When I got back the XV6600 with EVDO was available and soooo... here I am.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Ah OK... I wasn't aware VZW had gotten more restrictive on the online swap.

Dan