+ Reply to Thread

Pause in voicemail options

I'm trying to add pause in my voice mail number but when I tap ok and go back it doesn't store it. Example : tap phone----tools----options---- In this field with my i 700 I entered : 2018675309,,,0000# I didn't have to type my password to retrieve my messages. The three
    commas add a pause, 0000 is my voice mail password and the # to enter. This works fine if I store this number in my contacts but when I try in the phone settings it throws out the pauses. Any suggestions?
    Thanks,

Lou

use w for a pause where yuo need to press talk again and p for a 2 second pause....I believe

On verizon it is pppp
    M

Ok the help menu said to use commas. I'll try using "p". What does "M" do? I didn't see that one in the help menu.
    Thanks,

Lou

Heh, I think the M stands for Mark (as in mjaffe)

Dan

Originally posted by luv2chill
    Heh, I think the M stands for Mark (as in mjaffe)

Dan
    Oh boy!
    Thanks,

Lou

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    *roll eyes*

On Verizon it's NOT pppp.

pppp is for people who happen to exist in an area where temporarily an 8-second delay is sufficient.

If you want to do it right (so it works everywhere) use w, and hit the soft talk button when you're ready to enter the password.

Sure, it takes work, and just like the word "work" it "works".

Unlike the words "urban legends, myths, and things that work Every Now And Then But We Don't Know Why" "works" means "it works."

Choose whatever you like.

Ehud

ok..what ever...
    I use Verizon and my setup is

*86pppp#xxxx#1

the xxxx is your password and the #1 takes you directly to the new voice mail

M

It's been discussed before.
    Your "solution" works in limited places.
    "The solution" works in all places.

In some areas the # isn't necessary.
    In all plaes the # works.

When "educating" others as to "what works on Verizon" it's often best to make the rule as inclusive and general as possible.

Example: You can be rude at hamburger places and still get served just fine. [Applies at McDonalds, and where you live, but not in general, and not where I live]
    Example 2: When ordering a hamburger or any other food, be polite and treat your server with respect. [Applies at McDonalds, and where you live, but also in general, and where I live]

Ehud
    p.s Any relation to Rodney?

Originally posted by Ehud
    It's been discussed before.
    Your "solution" works in limited places.
    "The solution" works in all places.

In some areas the # isn't necessary.
    In all plaes the # works.

When "educating" others as to "what works on Verizon" it's often best to make the rule as inclusive and general as possible.

um ok... Seacrest out.

Originally posted by mjaffe
    ok..what ever...
    I use Verizon and my setup is

*86pppp#xxxx#1

the xxxx is your password and the #1 takes you directly to the new voice mail

M
    I think if you dialed your cell number instead of *86 it'll be counted as Verizon mobile to mobile (Free) instead of getting taken out of your minute pool. Anyhow thank you both. It works now.
    Thanks,

Lou

Lou, I don't know what the normal policy is, but last time I talked to VZW, dialing *86 was free...

THis was a while back... do you know for sure it's the other way around? That would be good to know.

THanks

Ehud

Lou, I don't know what the normal policy is, but last time I talked to VZW, dialing *86 was free...

THis was a while back... do you know for sure it's the other way around? That would be good to know.

THanks

Ehud

A while back (2 years ago or more?) before I was "converged" this topic was discussed on the Howard Forums and that was the case. I haven't checked lately about this but since then this is the way I've been doing it just to be sure.
    Thanks,

Lou

Last I heard, VzW was charging for both (*86 and your own cell phone number---long thread on the i700 forum). Never followed up on it cause I didn't care...

But, if you really want it to work anywhere, use your own cell #, because that can work in roaming areas, not just VzW digital areas.

I would like to see someone (else ) follow up on the *86 vs. your own cell number as far as charging for minutes. Any takers?
    Jeremiah 29:11

originally, we (our corporate account users) switched to our own cell numbers in order to save money (as it was considered a mobile-to-mobile call)...

VZW got smart though, and now your own # is considered an anytime minute. Bummer!

"Simone" from Verizon Wireless just confirmed that any call from your cellphone to either *86 or your own number incurs airtime minutes.

He said if you want to check your voicemail for free, call your cellular number from a landline.

Ehud

He said if you want to check your voicemail for free, call your cellular number from a landline.

Ehud
    In my best Johnny Carson voice, "I did not know that. Weird, wild stuff."
    Jeremiah 29:11