+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy PPC-6601 Locking up and staying on.

I have a PPC-6601 and this is my third pda/phone (prior Toshiba 2032, Hitachi G1000). I have several repeated problems:

1) The phone frequently seems to turn on by itself ( I don't think I'm accidently turning it on), despite the lock buttons setting. Once it goes on, it stays on and drastically drains the battery and if its in my pocket becomes quite hot to the touch. I've adjusted the settings to make it turn off after a few minutes but this seems to do no good. Additionally, when this happens I can't turn it off manually and I have to do a soft reset.

2) Just when I think it's off and I slip it into my pocket, the phone tends to dial a number and unbeknownst to me my conversations in the car with my family usually end up with someone on my contact list. Again, it's set for button lock so I'm not sure why this is happening.

3) When I try to play voicemail messages which are attachments to an email, I cannot play the .wav file.

Are there patches for any of these problems? Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Random turning on is a known issue, and usually it happens when:
    1) Connecting or disconnecting from Bluetooth devices
    2) Programs or email that automatically connects for updating
    3) Scheduled Sprite Restores

A program (free) called PhoneLock is a great little app, and will automatically turn off the 6600 if it powers on in a pre-set number of seconds. Also has a larger caller-ID screen. Also, a program called ScreenLock (also free) can lock the screen down and avoid the random calls.

Search the forum here for these two programs and you will find info on both.
    Jeremiah 29:11

For the 3rd problem, are you sure the attached file is actually downloaded? There is a place in the email settings to make sure the file is actually downloaded, and stored.
    Jeremiah 29:11

Thanks for the advice. I"ll try the apps. As to the voice mails. I am downloading them to my storage card and they are definately there and they are .wav files but they won't play.