+ Reply to Thread

Conflicting Info from Verizon Rep's can the VX6600 be Insured by the Portection Pln

Conflicting Info from Verizon Rep's, can the VX6600 be Insured by the Portection Plan for $4.99/mo? Some Rep's say yes, others say PDA phones cannot be covered. What is the latest info? Has anyone made a claim for the VX6600 phone yet? If so, how good was the replacement service.

It had better be covered, or I'm wasting my 5/mo! Yes, several around here have made claims on the 6600. I wonder if this is a new policy?

The insurance is actually with Asurion (for most VzW customers) and they are usually very nice to work with. There is a $50 deductible, and they will ask you to send in the phone. If you lost it, they generally want a police report to verify the missing item. Only issue arises if they don't have your device in stock, or want to replace it with an "equal" device. Sometimes they think a Treo is equal.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I got my xv6600 in late Jan. and got the $4.99/mo insurance. A client of mine got an xv6600 a few weeks ago and when I called Verizon to verify his calling plan and data plan I told the rep. to please add the $4.99 insurance plan to it and she said that phone requires the $5.99/mo plan. I said ok and didn't inquire further. Now I'm wondering if I should make mine $5.99 just in case. Hopefully they just grandfathered in all the $4.99 people in but new customers have to get $5.99.

I broke mine four days after purchasing it in december. The insurance people agreed it was covered and did show up in their system, but they didn't have any replacement units and wouldn't for a while. I would hope by now (May) there wouldn't be any issue.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    We have all of ours (3) insured.

These are Verizon's phone.

Can we consider this question answered many times over?

E

Ehud, that is what is so unsettling about the responce from Verizon personel. I am running about 60/40 with those who say yes it can be insured vs those who say no it can not be insured, this includes Verizon managers. The person selling me the 6600 and their manager are saying no.

Rather perplexing for someone new to Verzion.

Originally posted by DUDE2
    Ehud, that is what is so unsettling about the responce from Verizon personel. I am running about 60/40 with those who say yes it can be insured vs those who say no it can not be insured, this includes Verizon managers. The person selling me the 6600 and their manager are saying no.

Rather perplexing for someone new to Verzion.
    Whoever they are, they know nothing...

Call VZW directly. Don't call a store, don't call an authorized dealer, call the Customer Support line (800) 922-0204. They will tell you what Ehud has told you, and I am now telling you. It can be insured.

Too converged to post much priapism's Avatar
    This comes up over and over again. The same thread went on for weeks about the 7135.

It can be insured. VZW employees are idiots.

p

I am an employee of VZW and am not an idiot. In fact I think we are the smartest and best sales reps out of all cell phone providers. I know so, because I've been with various companies and we are the most qualified. Which is why I get paid more now. :o)

I never offer the 5.99...that's a rip off. Maybe the rep was misinformed. I either offer 3.99 which is basic insurance or 4.99 which includes the extended warranty.

All insurance claims require a deductible of $50 regardless of type of phone. $130 - $670...So if you don't have insurance on your $670 xv6600, you should add it ASAP.
    Best,
    Erwin Sennett Wu
    Long Beach, CA

Converged
    wucifer....what are the options for adding it after the 15 day period? I was told I cannot have the phone inspected to see that it is in working order and have it insured now that the 15 days after purchase has passed.
    Cigular 8125

That is a new policy and not implemented yet throughout all of VZW. My advise is everytime you go into a VZW store, ask the rep. to add the insurance along with a text messaging package or something. They will most likely do it for you, though, there will still be a waiting period before your insurance takes effect. I believe it's 2 or 3 months. So add it on ASAP...especially if we're talkin XV6600 here.

Good luck!
    Last edited by wucifer; 05-12-2005 at 03:04 AM.
    Best,
    Erwin Sennett Wu
    Long Beach, CA