+ Reply to Thread

Default Ringer Keeps Changing...

I'm starting to sweat this unstable device...

I set my default ringtone to "oldphoneLOUD.wav" (since the wma version is still ****ed)... and a few hours later I get a call.. NO RING... I check the default ringtone (sounds/notifcations) and it is now set to another ringtone... the "badtothebone" ringtone.. which I believe is WMA, and therefore my phone won't ring...

My phone happens to crash at least twice a day... at which point I have to reboot it... by putting my stylus in the hole... ewww... yea...

Does a reset change the ringtone? If so, why is changing to "badtothebone" ringtone... any idea how to set a ringtone and KEEP it that... so my phone will actually ring?!

Cheers,
    NORTH

I take that back, who am I kidding.. this y phone crashes easily 5 times a day... the memory gets all filled up, it lags, the today screen is wacked out.. and I have to reset... other times it just hangs...

so two issues I would LOVE help on:

(a) how to make it stable
    (b) how to keep ringtone from changing

THANKS!

-NORTH

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Reset does not change the ringtone. The ringtone is stored in a registry setting, and the only way it can change is if something changes it.

From your crashing I suspect you have other issues as well. I'd recommend that you backup your data -- not your apps -- and do a hard reset, and only restore your data, and reinstall all your apps.

Leave off voice command.

Ehud

I also suspect you are leaving multiple programs open. For a free option, try Magic Button. http://www.trancreative.com/mb.aspx
    Jeremiah 29:11

RUNNING
    Try disabling all you add-on on your today page, that help me now I reboot 1 a week now.