+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

looking for a good, stable Today plugin

after noticing the VAST improvement in my phone once SBP PocketPlus was uninstalled I was wondering what small and stable Today plugins are available, I miss having a bunch of my programs easily accessable!

Wisbar I know doesn't support our phones so what else is there that works.

Battery Plus pro is also probematic....so what else is there!

Thanks!

I use TodaysInfo and Calendar+, the Egress plug-in, and I'm thinking I'm going to cough up the bucks for ADBWeatherPlus. I've never had an issue that I can attribute to any one of these apps.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

i will take a look....thanks

what a differce, without pocketplus after only 1h

Well, I was po'd at SPB for copying other people's programs. But I missed PocketPlus, and went back to it. I have Weather Panel, PocketBreeze and ContactBreeze,Wisbar, PhoneDashboard and PocketRSS, and everything is working smoothly at the moment!
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Originally posted by lmychajluk
    ... the Egress plug-in,... I've never had an issue that I can attribute to any one of these apps.
    I ended up disabling the Egress plug-in as it seemed to slow down my 6600. I also experienced lock ups that went away once I disabled the Egress plug-in, which is a shame since I think Egress is the best RSS reader out there today.
    Darren Swartzendruber

I am using SPB Pocket Plus, Alarmtoday, PhoneAlarm, ummm and SPB GPRS. It seems to be slowing everything down. It seems to work pretty good when I take of Alarmtoday... I am also waiting for a new version of ButtonMax which will allow you to modify all of the buttons and add functions for holding down buttons.
    And things still don't work how I like them to. I will say that I find PhoneAlarm to be the most useful. And I can't do without the CLOSE feature of SPB Pocket Plus.

Does anyone have a good alternative to some of these programs?

I need the close button to actually close the program.

I need the "disconnect" button for the data connection.

And I need alarms to continue beeping when I have a missed call or a voice mail, because otherwise I never see the notification icon.

And something in one of these programs seems to be messing with my bluetooth headset pairing. If I leave the area with my headset I have to manually pair. Shouldn't it just re-establish a connection as soon as it is back in range?

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions.

You could use Voice Command to start up anything in the programs folder. Of course it does't help the stability problem.

I have been using Pocket Plus, Egress, and SPB weather. Haven't been having any problems.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

Re: looking for a good, stable Today plugin

Wisbar Advanced 2 does support our phones. I'm running it on mine.

http://www.lakeridgesoftware.com

It's a staple for my phone.

Fred

Originally posted by lcohen999

Wisbar I know doesn't support our phones so what else is there that works.
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

Re: Re: looking for a good, stable Today plugin

Originally posted by MajesticNJ
    Wisbar Advanced 2 does support our phones. I'm running it on mine...
    Then you are fortunate. According to Lakeridge Software on the WisBar Advanced2 product page:
    Supported Operating Systems
    PocketPC 2002
    Windows Mobile 2003
    Windows Mobile 2003SE
    (Please note that this is not yet compatible with PocketPC Phone Devices)
    I know they are working on a version. Checkout the WisBar forum on phone support.
    Darren Swartzendruber

Originally posted by dswartze
    I ended up disabling the Egress plug-in as it seemed to slow down my 6600. I also experienced lock ups that went away once I disabled the Egress plug-in, which is a shame since I think Egress is the best RSS reader out there today.
    Quite honestly, I don't use the today plugin for Egress much, and I can probably unload it. It seems like it's not always up to date with the latest read/unread feeds, but Egress itself is my killer app on this thing. While everyone else on the train is fumbling with thier papers, I'm flipping through CNN, BBC News, and the NY Times and a bunch of tech feeds from the PPC, all the while listening to podcasts delivered via Egress/RSS as well.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Re: Re: Re: looking for a good, stable Today plugin

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I am running the current beta (.27) which does support our phones.

Originally posted by dswartze
    Then you are fortunate. According to Lakeridge Software on the WisBar Advanced2 product page:

I know they are working on a version. Checkout the WisBar forum on phone support.

Re: Re: Re: Re: looking for a good, stable Today plugin

Sorry. I should have been more specific. I am running the current beta (.27) which does support our phones.
    Most excellent! 'cause I really miss WisBar Advanced since switching to the 6600. Any idea when it will be released? and how does one get the beta?
    Darren Swartzendruber

The beta is available in the forums area at Lakeridge Software. It's been supporting our phones since version .15 and he is up to .27 now. Do NOT use .26 or .25 as there were some nasty bugs that would freeze up the 6600. .27 is working fine for me.

Originally posted by n8mack33
    I need the close button to actually close the program.
    Try Magic Button. Free program.
    Jeremiah 29:11

I install pocket plus on Sprint 6601 and the phone fails to work after the install. I have to uninstall and cold boot it to get the phone to work.
    PPC 6600, then 6700, now 6800

Never had too many problems with pocketplus other than hogging up dll's. I notice MANY more problems with pocketplus and phonealarm together, for example.

On the subject of stable plugins I have had Journal Bar for over a year and it is VERY stable, highly recommended.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Doh, just figured out you are looking for a task manager type plugin... Disregard my post.
    iPhone 3GS !!

The beta is available in the forums area at Lakeridge Software. It's been supporting our phones since version .15 and he is up to .27 now. Do NOT use .26 or .25 as there were some nasty bugs that would freeze up the 6600. .27 is working fine for me.
    Wow, it is a VERY cool program, I like how it makes the device feel and look. I wish some of the icons were a little better integrated but I suppose when PPC Phone is supported fully it will be more supported for icons.

its a shame it doees not support PPC Phones

i lied, the latest beta has support for PPC Phones