+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DKToday, very nice missed calls plugin for PPC6600

After many frustrating months spent with phonealarm I came across this today plugin to monitor missed calls, sms, signal, etc etc. It works flawlessly so far. It even has a bluetooth headset on/off button, which no one has done yet. I havent tested this function though as my headset is at home.

Anyhow it is a free program, yes I said free!!

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3812.html

Missed calls are handled very nicely. You can see, on your today screen, the missed call indicator, the time, the name of the caller if in your phonebook, and the actual number.

ie: Missed call: 12:05, Joe Schmoe, (413)-232-9384

Additionally if you click on the missed call indicator you get a bubble that says Dial (413) 232-9384? Very very cool.
    iPhone 3GS !!

Here is the forum on XDA developers that discusses this and has input from the developer (like our own Bruce and PhoneAlarm). Looks like it may be good for those like SpineDoc who can't get PhoneAlarm to work.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/view...?p=76684#76684
    Jeremiah 29:11

That looks cool. Will try it when I get home. Using Phone Dashboard at the moment.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I installed the program and like it, the little bubble at the top was never enough of a missed call indicator for me.

Is anyone else having a problem with the signal strength bar showing 0% even though they have a signal?

I saw over at the other forum that others have had this problem, and it was supposed to be fixed in the most recent version of the program, which I have. But I am still showing 0%. I am a Verizon customer by the way.

Thanks to SpineDoc for the heads up...

James

Registered User EnnuiEnthusiast's Avatar

Do you guys have the signal working?

SpineDoc; I have the same issue here that I've had with Phone Alarm - no wireless signal shows up. Is this working for you?

Same here - no signal strength and I'm on Sprint. BTW, does anyone know where it gathers the data for the time of all calls made today and monthly? It looks fairly accurate, but I don't know where it gathers the data or how the monthly data can be reset at the start of a billing cycle.

Hahaha....it appears as though Verizon users are having a hard time with any program that has signal on it. This includes Wisbar Advance 2, PhoneAlarm, and now this program.

For me thouigh, my 6600 on Verizon and phone alarm now has working signal since 1.13beta4.

I even asked Bruce to have a missed call log on the today screen. He said it would be something he will look into later.
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

Signal is not working for me in regards to DKtoday. I would post over at XDA developers where there is an active thread, but they are horribly slow today. Will post in that thread later tonight if no one has beaten me to it.

I still don't understand why bother having an extra signal strength in any program, including phonealarm or DKtoday. The signal indicator is right there on top anyhow, why have 2? And as someone posted in another thread (Dan?) all these programs only give 4 or 5 different percentages of signal and do not report signal in between this, representing a bar of signal on the phone.
    iPhone 3GS !!

If you use a skinning program for the top bar it "covers up" the standard signal strength indicator which is why some developers are trying to add this as a feature.

I use Wisbar Advance 2 and to be quite honest, I can't imagine my pocket pc without it.

Even WA2's signal strength doesn't work.

Fred
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

All these vendors need to figure out what MS did with voice command. I have had that app installed since I got my 6600 in February and it hasn't once had a problem reporting signal.

Dan

DK didn't work for me either. But I have Phone Dashboard. Since CDMA signal strength is being worked on for Wisbar, which I won't get rid of, Phone Dashboard works like a charm. Only takes up one line (or more if you want) of today space.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Oh, here's a shot of it in action:
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Hope this works
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DKToday, very nice missed calls plugin for PPC6600-pc_capture2.jpg  
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Catman can you tell me where you got the AOL application? Also what version is it?
    Thanks,

Lou

It's 2.055 I think, either at PocketGear or Handango. The one that says windowsmobile 2003 1st edition. There is no second, and it works for me. Sending photos and files with no problem. Getting email no prob either.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Interesting program... it has promise, and the developer seems very responsive to user requests and bug fixes. He posted a new version 1.76 on XDA Developers today.

Oh, and the signal strength meter on mine (Sprint PPC-6600) doesn't seem to work either.

Tim

Anyone able to access the XDA Developers page? They are always down or incredibly slow. You would figure they could "develop" a faster forum!
    iPhone 3GS !!

Originally posted by Catman51
    Oh, here's a shot of it in action:
    Catman51: Out of curiousity, can you please note which applications we see running on your PPC there? It is a very nice Today screen. Thanks.
    James Murray
    HARDWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;SprintPCS - PPC-6600; Headset: Jabra BT-800; ProClipUSA.com Car Dock with power <-- AWESOME;
    FAV-SOFTWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pocket controller; Spb Pocket Plus; Voice Command; PIEPlus; VM Network Browser; TimeTrakker MX SEQBU;

Originally posted by Bedrock
    Catman51: Out of curiousity, can you please note which applications we see running on your PPC there? It is a very nice Today screen. Thanks.
    me too
    http://www.phpbbforfree.com - Free phpbb forum hosting.