+ Reply to Thread

What is: Initiate Custom NAI entry to device??

Hello everyone,

I'm sure this has been discussed here before but I could not find a defnitive definition of this service:

In my phones settings there is the INTERNET setting which says:

Initiate custome NAI entry to device

(Client-Initiated IOTA)

What does that setting do exactly?
    James Murray
    HARDWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;SprintPCS - PPC-6600; Headset: Jabra BT-800; ProClipUSA.com Car Dock with power <-- AWESOME;
    FAV-SOFTWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pocket controller; Spb Pocket Plus; Voice Command; PIEPlus; VM Network Browser; TimeTrakker MX SEQBU;

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Internet Over The Air
    [programming of your device]

Don't hold your breath.
    Nothing to see here.
    Move along now.

Ehud

I figured that is what it was....but I don't understand why I would have to initiate it. I thought it was a type of "push" technology.

Anyways...you say its not important....I've seen your posts Ehud and you know what your talking about...so here I go...moving along. thanks.
    James Murray
    HARDWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;SprintPCS - PPC-6600; Headset: Jabra BT-800; ProClipUSA.com Car Dock with power <-- AWESOME;
    FAV-SOFTWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pocket controller; Spb Pocket Plus; Voice Command; PIEPlus; VM Network Browser; TimeTrakker MX SEQBU;

Over The Air programming is when your carrier programs your phone. It's the *2 on sprint *228 on vzw stuff. They don't currently support doing it over the Internet...

E

Well actually that is used for Sprint. *2 on Sprint just calls Customer Service (and can be used to get a PRL update if you get your account flagged).

Bedrock you don't need to do anything with it... it's used to initiate an IOTA session for if your phone somehow loses its Sprint Vision provisioning info. It was run automatically when you first programmed your phone and under normal circumstances should not need to be run again (the information it programs will persist even if you have to hard reset your phone). If you're that curious about it, you can run it if you want--it will connect to Vision and re-download the provisioning info to your 6600.

Ehud, if you want to check it out, it's part of the Sprint extrom install.

Dan

Thanks guys. Honestly I'm impressed with how helpful everyone is on this forum. I've been on alot of forums and this one so far has been the most informative and the users are fantastic. Just showing my gratitude.

Thanks again.
    James Murray

Ditto that

Dan - I'd love to check it out, but even if I ran it [on my vzw phone] it's not going to work... thanks for letting me know tho

That should probably go in the FAQ in a section that discusses the differences between the SPRINT and Verizon stuff.

"SPRINT says Vision. Vuh Vuh Vuh Vision."
    "Verizon says Express Network. Uh Uh Uh Uh UH-echs-press Nuh nuh nuh network "

E