+ Reply to Thread

Stop the battery falling off ?

Yep, my 2200 extended life battery falls out all the time unless I am so careful. SOmetimes though it comes out whilst I'm holding it talking on the phone and if I move my hand a certain way (fat hands). My OEM battery is fine, it seems to "click" fit... There's a bad design somewhere on these long life ones.

In the 12 times it's fallen out in 3 weeks, I've had 3 hard resets. I bought and installed Sprite backup so now I don't really mind that much. The long battery life makes up for that. I get my backups to create a self restoring .exe on my 1gb flash card - SWEET.

I am going to try black electricians tape along the bottom around the clip. I figure if the clip doesn't move so easily, it won't be able to fall out ? I was thinking of double sided tape because I only need to change batteries in an emergency and figure It could peel off easily when I'm back home...

Anyone have any other tips.

That should not happen. Contact Lion and let them know. Good customer service! Mine does not fall off by itself.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Since Lion has been busy with their smokescreen of new & improved batteries for almost 2 months (ie - there is no such thing as a v2 battery), at best, you'll get quick service which may or may not give you a product better than that which is already in your hand.
    Last edited by backbeat; 05-06-2005 at 06:43 PM.

Backbeat,
    Lighten up
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Is full disclosure uncomfortable?

At least, I feel, if not you, that they are trying to satisfy. They have been more than willing to take every battery back at their own expense.
    My second one is working better than the first, so even if there is only one build, if it takes 5 returns to get one, it doesn't cost anything to use the oem for a week.
    SteveM
    Sprint HTC EVO 4G

Fast-as-lightnin' service (which it isn't) doesn't excuse misrepresentation. Simple concept, No?

Originally posted by mef38 03-20-2005 01:20 AM
    Just a quick head's up to let you know that the 2200mAh and 3300mAh "Modified" Mugen Power batteries have arrived and are now shipping. These fix the loose problem that the 2200mAh battery was having with the Audiovox VX6600.

Finally, we're getting this solved. **Whew**

Mark
    Last edited by backbeat; 05-06-2005 at 10:26 PM.

ADMINISTRATION....PLEASE REMOVE BACKBEATS INFLAMMATORY REMARKS>

ALWAYS NEGATIVE AND INFLAMMATORY POSTS!
    Last edited by Z1truth; 05-07-2005 at 04:29 PM.

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

Re: ADMINISTRATION....PLEASE REMOVE BACKBEATS STUPID>

Originally posted by Z1truth
    STUPID AND ALWAYS INFLAMMATORY POSTS!
    Z1truth,

Hmmm ... you've got the word "truth" in your nickname ... kinda suspicous. But I guess it's ok. It's not like you're always professing to have the actual truth.

The following has nothing to do with Z1truth or any statements he has made.

You see, I don't trust or put much faith in someone who is always saying, "I speak the truth", "the truth hurts", "the truth looks fat in red", "the truth's 2 million mAh battery smells like bad cheese", etc ...

Labeling something, or your personal opinion, as the truth really makes your statements sound shaky and suspect. Also, berating or insulting others because their opinion is different than yours is even worse.

Speak your opinion, make it non-confrontational, and don't attack your neighbors because they say, "Man, the truth looks hot in red!"

BTW, the Ignore feature isn't that great - it only takes the body out of the post. You can still see that there was a post made. Better than nothing, but not perfect. You might want to try it.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

back to topic. Actually, I think the phone design is ****e. The battery is held on to a bear minimum and even my $50 phones do a better job.

Having said that, my design is still work 100%. I thinking of creating a patent for it It's like having a double safety feature. It's about 3/4 square and fits perfectly without effecting charging or docking. I might make a few up and stick em in my bag in case I need to change batteries on the road....

Misrepresentation is as Misrepresentaion does!

That's the truth you haven't the stomach for.

Talking THE "TRUTH" IS OUT THERE!

Originally posted by Kreigz
    Z1truth,

Hmmm ... you've got the word "truth" in your nickname ... kinda suspicous. But I guess it's ok. It's not like you're always professing to have the actual truth.

Z1TRUTH is just a handle for my faith in "the one truth"!
    Me ....I'm just a sinner saved by grace. By no means perfect.

Z1

Well, praise jesup and pass the misrepresentation!

"Help me jebuz!" - Homer

E

See the thread I started on the loose battery- you are guaranteed hard resets without tape. I recommend duct tape as the grey goes with the color of the phone better than electricians tape.

I was down at Sprint today and signed my wife up for a plan if they guaranteed to replace my phone!!!!! The manager had heard of this problem and is getting phones back. Tune in in a week or so and see if I have a new phone. I will test it down at the store with a backup.

BTW, I have purchased a "Sunnysoft Backup manager" and it seems to work fine and has a nice interface, only problem is the unlock code never seems to arrive and the people do not read their e-mail....

Cheers and do not drop your phone.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz