+ Reply to Thread

Help!!! Sync is going nuts

Installed photo contacts... not sure it has something to do with this or not.

I have my sync set up to leave items unresolved if they need to be. It is also set to continously sinc.

All of the sudden, out of nowhere.. 2 files in the files folder just keep syncing and re syncing.

Anyone have this or how to stop it???

Thanks for any help you can lend a noobie.
    :butterfly :karate:

DLD

Try going into ActiveSync options on the PC and unchecking the box next to files. Then do a sync and wait for it to complete successfully. Then go back into options and re-enable files.

Dan

P.S. It's most likely files that the photocontacts app places into your My Documents folder (the generic caller id images, etc.)

Originally posted by luv2chill
    Try going into ActiveSync options on the PC and unchecking the box next to files. Then do a sync and wait for it to complete successfully. Then go back into options and re-enable files.

Dan

P.S. It's most likely files that the photocontacts app places into your My Documents folder (the generic caller id images, etc.)
    I think you are right. I took them out of my documents and they keep repopulating. How do you stop that??

DLD

What is a debug log? It keeps poping up....

DLD

You need to leave them in my documents or photocontacts could have problems. Did you do what I said in my post? Just turn off file synchronization (you might need to delete the "Pocket_PC My Documents" folder (or whatever you named your Pocket PC). Then, once you get a good activesync done, go to options and re-enable the files checkbox. It will copy everything back over to your computer and re-create the folder. That should take care of it.

Dan

Originally posted by luv2chill
    You need to leave them in my documents or photocontacts could have problems. Did you do what I said in my post? Just turn off file synchronization (you might need to delete the "Pocket_PC My Documents" folder (or whatever you named your Pocket PC). Then, once you get a good activesync done, go to options and re-enable the files checkbox. It will copy everything back over to your computer and re-create the folder. That should take care of it.

Dan
    I had deleted the debug file earlier. Because doing the above didn't seem to do it. Then I did it again and everything seemed to be fine.

So, Now it is working. It recreated a debug log also. So I guess I am ok. I really hope I didn't mess anything up deleting that.

DLD