+ Reply to Thread
    Outside Philadelphia PA at home and in Allentown PA at college

Cigarette lighter charger to adapt to regular plug?

Hey all, I am in a bit of a bind. I just came home from college for a week (I live in an apartment, and i'll be back next week to take summer courses), and brought my phone with me and my plug, and my car charger. I did not bring my cradle with me. I realized when I got home that I forgot the little part that goes from the power plug to the unit, what a pain in the ass! Never used to be a problem with my old i700. Anyway, I remember reading a long time ago on the i700 board that somone found at radio shack a cigarette lighter charger adaptor that can accept the car charger plug into it, and then you could plug it all into a regular home plug. I searched pretty much every term possible, but nothing came up for it. Does anyone have any info on this? Thanks.

BEST BUY!

Hey man, I had a to buy one for my Garmin GPS 10 because it only came with a car charger. So I found one in the audio section of my local Best Buy. I am told that radio shack would probably have it too. I think it is called a AC to DC converter. Mine was $26 @ BB, hopefully it would be less @ Radio shack.

Radio Shack's search:

http://www.radioshack.com/search.asp...p=search&SRC=1

Hope this helps!

Jake

From that search page at RS, I think this one is what you want:
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.as...ct%5Fid=22-505

Been meaning to pick one up myself.
    -Lee
    Samsung i730
    Ridata 1GB SD Card, Transcend 4GB SD card, PPC Tech Audio Adapter

Outside Philadelphia PA at home and in Allentown PA at college
    Yup, thats it, I knew it existed somewhere. On my way out now to pick one up. Thanks for your help!