+ Reply to Thread

Phone does not ring?

VC installed - with notify on, phone PDA says "Call from ..."
    ... Does not ring

Turn on voice notify, phone does not ring, although BT headset tones.

Using Wisbar 2
    WebIS Mail

In checking search, I found many issues about low ringer volume (agree, loaded loud ringers to hear them), a couple with VC, but none that would not allow a ringer instead of voice announce.

system is stable, and happy.. just no ringtone, and the voice announce is too low to hear...

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

-Bill

Need to use the Wisbar 2 version (beta) that is for ppcphones. See their website.
    Jeremiah 29:11

The same problem that has been asked and that I have answered at least 4 seperate times in 4 different threads too.

Originally posted by mwfielder
    Need to use the Wisbar 2 version (beta) that is for ppcphones. See their website.
    Phone: Treo 700w
    History: XV6600 -> Treo 700w -> XV6800 -> Treo 700w again.

Fool on the Hill
    4? More like 8

But

They are all centric around WBA 2.X. And the other threads were all a couple weeks older (or older).

Since that time there have been 3 new betas from WBA. I was looking for info that would pertain with a high degree of specificity to these new betas.

But

thanks for your help all the same.

(I can tell ya that the search nazis on some forums really degrade from the community - and I certainly agree that folks should search - rather that taking the first oppotunity to publicly slice and dice a member - expecially a new one - perhaps the more effective process would be to PM that member and mentor them through the process, just my 2 cents worth, and the way I personally handle situations of the same nature, YMMV)

First off, I'm far from a search nazi. (I believe Ehud holds that title!! )"Search" for all of my posts and show me a post where I am getting on someone's case about searching. I've never ONCE told anyone to search but this post made me do it considering I have personally responded to others having the same issue as you and many very recently. Perhaps it should be added to the FAQ....of course that would mean that people have to read that and most don't.

Secondly, you posted that you had Wisbar Advance 2 so why wouldn't the search have helped? You said you had it and more than likely, that was your problem. The answers are all there....waiting....to be found....

No offense as none was meant both now or before.

Fred

Originally posted by billpda
    4? More like 8
    They are all centric around WBA 2.X. And the other threads were all a couple weeks older (or older).

(I can tell ya that the search nazis on some forums really degrade from the community - and I certainly agree that folks should search - rather that taking the first oppotunity to publicly slice and dice a member - expecially a new one - perhaps the more effective process would be to PM that member and mentor them through the process, just my 2 cents worth, and the way I personally handle situations of the same nature, YMMV)

Fool on the Hill
    None taken - really! On line communication is tough in many ways.

As to how I searched - I used "Wisbar" "no ring" "VC"

The conflict (which is version specific) only spoke to the earlier versions.

Just for reference, this was not listed in the FAQ so I have asked that it be added.

Fool on the Hill
    VC 1.5.4333.21

with Wisbar Adv 2.0.1.27

rings fine, no lock ups, seems stable...

all other version below b27 of WBA seem to lock out the ringer (but not voice announce).