+ Reply to Thread

Question "Pocket Mechanic" or "SKTools" for PPC Maintenance ??

To my surprise....After various searches throughout the forum I didn't see anything comparing the two maintenance programs "Pocket Mechanic" and "SKTools".
    • Which one is better?
    • Or better for the 6600?
    • Is there any existing articles on the web I couldn't find that only COMPARE the two apps? I found single app reviews...

Thanks.
    James Murray
    HARDWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;SprintPCS - PPC-6600; Headset: Jabra BT-800; ProClipUSA.com Car Dock with power <-- AWESOME;
    FAV-SOFTWARE:&nbsp;&nbsp;Pocket controller; Spb Pocket Plus; Voice Command; PIEPlus; VM Network Browser; TimeTrakker MX SEQBU;

I have both...

I use pocket mechanic for formatting sd cards. It is primarily for the sd card, but will do "system cleanup" and TCP/IP configurartion.

SK Tools has broader functions. It will do many functions, see their website or Pocket Gear for details. I like the ability to clean up "bad installs" and duplicate settings. Careful though, if you start "cleaning" everything up, undoubtedly you'll delete needed stuff. Do a backup first. SK will do backups, but I have never used it (I use Sprite for that function).
    Jeremiah 29:11

MemMaid is worth checking out too.