+ Reply to Thread

Unhappy Bluetooth DUN - Does this happen to you??

First of all...I'm a newbie when it comes to bluetooth anything. I'm completely amazed I can surf the Internet via a wireless connection through a PDA....wow!!

Now, I've gotten it to work via BT DUN, however, I've notices that after picking my phone up and walking away....or even shutting my laptop down....BT DUN will not work again until AFTER I reset my 6600.

Has anyone experienced this?

Thanks in advance everyone....I just got my 6600 and I'm totally loving it!!!

Arc

Geek
    I assume you are using the WMODEM app for the 6600 side?

I have not seen this issue when using this little app.
    Dan Kunz - XV6600

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    BT DUNS does not require the WMODEM app.

I have not seen the issue. BT DUNS works fine for me. Perhaps it's the BT stack on the PC that's the problem? Have you checked your card's mfg for newer drivers?

Ehud

Wmodem isn't used for BT DUN, just DUN via cable.

Sorry arcanic, I don't tether so I can't be of any help here... hopefully someone else can assist you.

Dan

I too have seen this phenomenon. Sometimes I need to reset both the laptop and the PPC. It may be third party software releated. I just put up with it. I am, every now and then, able to connect more than once.

Also, when using DUN, in the dialog on WinXP, I was putting in
    name:phone_number@vzw3g.com
    password:vzw
    My connection seemed to drop intermittently. I cleared out the boxes and it seemed more stable. This was all of 30 minutes of surfing this weekend so I'll have to do more testing to be sure.

Also to initate a connection, I had to ensure that the cdma2000 connection was off by holding the red phone button for 2 seconds. If cdma2000 was connected the bluetooth would connect but I would never get the dial dialog on the PC.
    Last edited by IvanLasston; 05-10-2005 at 11:36 AM.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2