+ Reply to Thread
    avp

Telus (Canada) 6600 version info:

I just got a 6600 from Telus, a Canadian carrier, it is the CDMA phone, but the version numbers don't seem to match anything else i've been able to find here. Here they are:

ROM version: 2.04.00 WWE
    ROM Date: 01/26/05
    Radio Version: HA01_147
    Protocol Version: AA3.3.301
    PRL version: 27241
    ExtROM version: 2.04.115 WWE
    Hardware Version: 0041

It has WMP 10 on it.

Is this all normal?

This is definite news. I hope someone is able to dump this set of roms as I'd definitely like to try out "official" releases for our phone. Someone give this guy some info on dumping those roms!

JDS
    That is the same as my Telus PPC6600. I was pleasantly surprised to WMP10 on it instead of version 9. Sure is nice to have a reasonably up to date device with Bluetooth from Telus!
    Converged Newbie

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    This is very interesting... I too would like to see your rom and ext rom made available for us to play with.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon

avp
    sure - tell me what to do or provide me a link

Is the SD Card method the only method? I can get you that link if nobody else has a better/easier method and if you have an SD Card.

avp
    don't currently have an sd card... sold it with my i700

And was hoping to get a sd wifi + ram, but i ather none of them work (yet?)

Well then let's hope there's another method and that someone knows it lol. I'll look later after I get out of work.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Your rom is slightly newer (2.04).
    I'm running the 2.03.00WWE.

Your radio is newer (HA01_147).
    I'm running the HA01_141.

Extended ROM versions are only meaningful in each carrier's customization... so it's useful for you to know if they release a newer version, but you can't compare a Telus version with anyone else's.

Ehud

I'm pretty sure that the only method we have available is the SD card method.

Does Telus have plans for an EV-DO rollout? It's interesting that they're using the HA01-level radio, while Bell Mobility is using HA00.

Dan

Dan,

from Telus' Q1 Press Release (http://about.telus.com/cgi-bin/media..._keywords=EVDO)

TELUS Mobility plans high-speed EVDO service in Q1 2006, introduces first EVDO-capable wireless network card.

TELUS Mobility today introduced the Sierra Wireless AirCard 580 wireless wide-area network card, the first in Canada capable of operating on high-speed EVDO networks. TELUS Mobility plans to introduce EVDO (for Evolution, Data Optimized) service in selected Canadian markets in the first quarter of 2006. EVDO is next-generation wireless network technology that offers data transfer speeds of approximately 400 kilobits per second, at least six times faster than current wireless data speeds.

Operating on TELUS Mobility's national 1X wireless voice and data network now, the AirCard 580 offers forward compatibility with EVDO through a simple software upgrade. The AirCard 580, a follow-up to the popular Sierra Wireless AirCard 555 offered by TELUS Mobility since 2000, fits a standard Type II PC Card slot on portable computing devices. It offers improved reception, thanks to its flip-up, vertically polarized antenna, and lower battery consumption.

-- On a side note, no mention from Bell Mobility's parent BCE during their Q1. One of the reps at a Bell World said the launch was delayed because Bell Mobility is having some sort of problem with 911/EVDO --

cheers,
    Yannick
    Last edited by riverdale1974; 05-10-2005 at 06:21 PM.
    Bell Mobility
    PPC-6600 1x with camera

Hey guy's,
    Sorry for getting off the topic but I'm thinking about upgrading from the i700 to the 6600 and was wondering if the phone could be a modem for a pc or even better, through bluetooth. Finally, do you like the 6600 in general. Thanks

You're kidding, right? You're hijacking this thread to ask a question that's been answered in detail IN THE FAQ AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM?

I was informed by a Telus sales rep that the 6600 will require a software update before it will work with EV-DO. The question now is will Telus make this software update available.

No, no they won't.

Oh, and it will cost $75 EXTRA each month.

Man, don't you just hate Telus?

I also heard that when they do the next update (which won't provide EVDO access) they're going to disable the built in WiMax 100Mbps stuff. That sucks that they won't support that.

I also heard they're bunding camera software that only allows 640x480, not the full resolution of the camera.

Sucks to be Canadian, eh?

If there was no Paul Tracy, there'd be no reason for Canada.

Cheers

Ehud

Isn't the max res of the camera 640x480 for stills? At least that's the max that I get, unless there's a registry hack that I missed somewhere.

I am the POTIONS MAHHSTER!!! jaderaven's Avatar
    Originally posted by elkay
    Isn't the max res of the camera 640x480 for stills? At least that's the max that I get, unless there's a registry hack that I missed somewhere.
    I think Ehud is just having a little fun. Don't mind him.
    iPhone - AT&T
    Past phones:
    Samsung i700 -Verizon
    XV6600 - Verizon