sbpWeather
    PocketPlus
    Caller ID (the hack)
    BTAGSVC
    OBEX
    HandsFree
    RPS
    ScreenRotate

I also am running PCS Business Connection and clean up the system at least daily using MemMaid.

Everything is fine until I install VC. Then I stop getting calls, my camera stops working, my whole system freezes up, etc. My retired Toshiba's and Casio's, with much less RAM, seemed to be able to manage resources better. Is VC such a memory hog that it kills every thing else? Other than not using VC (which is what I'm doing now) does anyone know of any other changes I might be able to make to keep this running a little more smoothly?

TIA - sheureka (grandma to some of you)
    Last edited by sheureka; 05-09-2005 at 07:35 PM.

Administrator
    asnytime you install hacks on your phone and 3rd party programs you risk having some things go crazy...

the ppc platform is very stable..

perhaps when you "clean" your system you may be removing some things you should not. with 128 megs of memory you are fine. is VC = Voice Command?

Originally posted by Marctronixx

perhaps when you "clean" your system you may be removing some things you should not. with 128 megs of memory you are fine. is VC = Voice Command?
    I'm pretty careful with cleaning - that's one of the reasons I like MemMaid much better than Remover - I find it easier to control.

And yes, VC = Voice Command, which on my machine just doesn't seem to play nice with others. Everything runs fine when it's not installed. - sheureka

Administrator
    i have seen threads discussing voice command and its problems.. perhaps you should search on those threads to see if you find anything relevant...

VC is a great program....except for it's problems

I like VC, but I can confirm that if I have it enabled I am not able to use my album and my camera sometimes does not work. These are well documented in the forums here.

there have been some other misc issues with other programs installed at the same time. Marctronixx suggestion for a search might help some more.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/