+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

6600 on Fox's '24'

Anyone see our beloved on Fox's 24 last night? They showed the 6600 during the scene where Jack uploaded the nuke's image to CTU headquarters.

They've showed the G1000 along with other Sprint phones. I'll assume that Sprint has advertising rights with the show.

yeah they have for awhile i think. pretty cool though..... i will never forget how fast Ben Affleck typed on his ppc in that nuke movie..... can't remember the name now...... but the typing was Really impressive! hahha
    LAK
    Sprint 6800/Mogul
    6700, 6600

that was great to watch. Especially given the quick transmission of the picture to Chloe's workstation.
    PPC6600 with Jabra BT800
    Bell Mobility

He was on EVDO
    -Qubix-

Off topic sidebar......about advertising rights for shows.....

TV Hollywood is currently facing challenges with selling advertising with the growing number of Tivo like devices in the market place. I have had one for over 2 years now and I cannot tell you the last commercial that I watched and didn't fast forward through.

TV Hollywood is leaning towards two solutions:

1) Sell in show advertising...you know almost like in the 50's (or like in the movie The Truman Show) where they make it obvious what candy bar the star is eating or what car they are driving, etc..

2) The other one is that they are actually lobbying right now to make it illegal for Tivo like devices to fast forward past commercials!!!!! No joke. Hollywood always goes WAY over the top to get what they want and don't care about what the public wants. So....any good at hacking Tivo software?
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com
    www.wmexperts.com/ | www.wmexperts.com/reviews/ | discussion.wmexperts.com/

so it's legal to fast forward if recored on VHS but illegal to fast forward on tivo... yeah that will fly...
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Money talks.....that is what lobbying is all about....
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

I can't even watch live TV anymore. I'll turn to something else and come back to a show just to FF the commercials.

Baseball games rule on Tivo!
    Jeremiah 29:11

Obviously, 24 is fiction. If it were real life then the agent would have been looking for a paper clip so he could soft reset.

Here are some still shots I got from my Tivo via Tivotogo function. 6600 saving the world.

I hope he wasn't using Picturemail. Hah.

Originally posted by johnnye
    I hope he wasn't using Picturemail. Hah.
    If so, then Microsoft would have been the end of the world, if he had VC enabled!!!!
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 05-11-2005 at 02:37 PM.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

You have to disable VC to make picturemail work? It crashes everytime I want to use it.

Originally posted by consiglere
    You have to disable VC to make picturemail work? It crashes everytime I want to use it.
    It should work with VC disabled - definitely won't work with VC enabled! - sheureka

i saw it! 24 is the hypeeeee... cant believe what happened in the last episode!! its insane!!

poor paul probably had a crappy phone like my old motorola 332. if he had a 6600 the bullet probably would have bounced off it.

If it were real life then the agent would have been looking for a paper clip so he could soft reset.
    Hee!

Seriously, though, y'all know that you can use the tip of the stylus to soft reset, right? You don't have to unscrew anything, just stick the writing tip into the hole. It works with the Verizon model, anyway.

~Steph

The tip of my stylus will not fit into the [Reset] hole on my Verizon XV6600 and if you unscrew the stylus the point is not long enough to reset the device either!

There are two holes at the bottom....make sure you are using the bigger of the two that is closer to the center of the phone to Reset it. It should work just fine with the default Stylus tip without unscrewing it.
    Hobbes
    Writer for WMExperts.com

Heh...heh...

Ok, tried it again and it worked. I didn't like the idea of compressing the tip to depress the reset but it didn't seem to hurt anything.

The thingy on the end of the cap still isn't long enough to depress the reset button though. So, I wonder why they made it so you could uncrew the cap? Duh!