+ Reply to Thread
    Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar

Another hard reset!

Yesterday I thought I'd switch batteries ... give one a rest in the back charging slot, work the other one over ...

I placed the device screen down on the table, held the battery down, released the battery clip, lifted the battery out, replaced with the second battery, and closed the clip.

"Welcome to Windows Mobile! Please click anywhere ..."

CLICK THIS!!!!

Has anyone had this problem, switched for a new XV6600, and had the problem go away?
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.

Join the crew. Do a search and you will be shocked by the result. I am still trying to determine if this is a problem with earlier phones in this series or is just a design problem. Sprint has offered to replace mine, which I will do when I have the energy. In the meanstime, learn to love your backup options and try duct tape on the catch....
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

Fully Converged, painfully at times Kreigz's Avatar
    Originally posted by jerryyyyy
    Join the crew. Do a search and you will be shocked by the result. I am still trying to determine if this is a problem with earlier phones in this series or is just a design problem. Sprint has offered to replace mine, which I will do when I have the energy. In the meanstime, learn to love your backup options and try duct tape on the catch....
    Unfortunetly, I don't think the latch is the problem. I took the battery off on purpose, and was very careful about it.

Something is definitely wrong with the internal battery support. I'd like to know if any Verizon (or Sprint) users have exchanged the phone and had the problem go away.
    The XV6700 is a lot like democracy: They're both less than perfect, but they're the best available ... as far as Verizon is concerned.