+ Reply to Thread

6600 turns on when charging

Hi folks:
    I just got a XV6600 and when I charge it at night, it keeps turning on. Is this normal, or is it some setting I have to "tweak"?

I do have an app (Pocket Weather by SBSH) that needs to get data - but I set it to only do it once a day.

I do not use E-Mail but it is setup.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Charlie
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Sickwidit
    Is it turning on constantly or just at 12:00am? All pocket pc's turn on at 12:00 to update the calendar db in the device and if you have the device on the charger and it comes on it won't power down until either yo hit the power button or if you set the device to power down after X minutes under the advanced power settings. Also check under activesync settings on the device and make sure the option "use mobile schedule to sync with this pc" uis unchecked.
    Eric Hicks, Microsoft MVP, Mobile-Devices
    My Devices
    Four PPC6600's, One PPC6700, Three PPC6800's,One Treo 700w,One Jas Jar,One Pantec Duo,One T-mobile Dash...Do I have too many devices?

It keeps happening, I turned it off 3 times last night (all b4 midnight) and then gave up and left it on)
    All Sync Settings are "Manually"
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Darn Gremlins
    iPhone 3G (sorry Sprint, I have been to the mountain top!) <-- Sprint Mogul PPC 6800 (not enough memory) <-- PPC 6700 (loaner from sprint) <-- PPC 6600 (no EVDO) <-- G1000 (no SMS) Cardo Scala-500 BT
    I'm rockin Verizon Fios baby! 20Mbs is dumb fast! http://www.speedtest.net/result/295783856.png

Another note:
    I see my e-mail is getting mails even though I do not have it set to automatically grab them. (from Options 1/3 the connect andcheck for messages every: x minutes is NOT checked.

FYI:
    This is my first post here, but I do have a Dell Axim x30 624 Mhc. with wi-fi and bluetooth, it is awsome. So the change from a "normal" cell phone to this was no problem. I love these Windows Mobile 2003 SE devices!
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Originally posted by CharlieA
    Another note:
    I see my e-mail is getting mails even though I do not have it set to automatically grab them. (from Options 1/3 the connect andcheck for messages every: x minutes is NOT checked.

FYI:
    This is my first post here, but I do have a Dell Axim x30 624 Mhc. with wi-fi and bluetooth, it is awsome. So the change from a "normal" cell phone to this was no problem. I love these Windows Mobile 2003 SE devices!
    So it is getting emails and it is not connected to the pc?

Automatically connect is not checked. Are you running Wireless Sync?
    Jeremiah 29:11

Not connected to PC (But I do not sync E-mail)
    Ready Sync is disabled Push is disabled.

It might have grabbed e-mails when It gets new Weather Data for Pocket Weather, or when I ran IE the other day - not sure.

But I still am wondering what or why it turns on when charging (Direct to AC not in cradle)
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Check to see under power settings, if it stays powered on when on external power. So if it powers on itself, it will stay on.

There is a setting under Power Settings:
    Click Box : Turn off device if not used for x minutes.

try setting it to something like 10 minutes and then "set" the click box?
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Correct. For example, see my settings below. If I am not connected to the charger or to the pc, my 6600 will power off in 3 minutes. If it is powered (in the cradle or tethered to the pc), the 6600 will stay on.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 6600 turns on when charging-screenshot041.gif  

Great That stopped it from tunring on when charging.
    Thanks!

Oh yes - next question.
    When I am talking on the phone, the display goes blank (due to the computer thinking it is not being used and the power settings?). And touching a button does not "wake" the screen up.

I do have the lock on - because, I keep 'unknowingly' turning it on when carrying it.
    Verizon XV6700
    Cheers Charlie
    W. Charles Alexander

Yup--that is because it is on battery power, and you have the lock on. The Green and Red buttons still work, but if you want the keypad backon, you need to hit the power button and the screen will pop back on.