+ Reply to Thread

Question Please Help a Pocket PC Newbie

First of all, I love this sight and have been using it since my Kyocera 7135 days. You guys rock. Now that the butt kissing is out of the way hopefully someone can help me.

I recently switched from a Treo 600 to Verizon's Audiovox 6600w/camera. So far I am not sure if I like the phone, being a long time Palm user. The question I have for you Pocket PC Yoda's is when I use active sync, it will only sync my Files. If I go to options then select, Calendar, Tasks and Contacts it will sync them all. As soon as I remove my phone and re-insert it. The same thing happens again. It will only sync my Files. I am having a hard time believing that I have to select these option every time I want to Sync my phone. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and again you guys rule!!!

Normally the default when installed is to automatiucally resync everything all the time. If you click options in the upper right hand corner of Activestink (proper spelling), you will see a few control that will allow you to atempt to tame the beast. Make sure all the stuff you want synced is checked.

In fact, there are many more options that the Treo and Palm OS, but with all that said, it is much more complex.
    Sprint: G1000, HTC-6600, 6800, now TP2
    Windroid: Energy.ROM.28244.Sense2.5/Android 2.1
    Overclocked to 729Mhz

It is checked then it syncs everything that I want. As soon as I take this bad boy off the cradle and re-insert it it will only sync my files???? Thanks for the quick reply though.

I had the same thing happen with my VX 6600 on the Verizon network. It started when I set up the Verizon Wireless Sync, for the purpose of getting my e-mail from earthlink over the wireless link. However, they don't tell you that this SW also syncrhonizes the contacts, tasks, inbox, etc. to the Verizon Wireless server at https://www.wirelesssync.vzw.com. The SW they said to install on the PC to make this stuff happen reconfigured Active Sync to no longer synchronize the Outlook folders the Verizon wants to sync with that server. So, I had to uninstall the "Wireless Sync" SW from my PC, and then reboot, and then go into Active Sync and check the boxes on those folders.

The Verizon Wireless Sync is full of holes, I get lots of duplicate e-mails in the PPC Outlook.

If anyone wants more info, I had to call Verizon and have some details on my setup.