+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PPC Email

PPC Email

not sure if there's a simple solution to this. i'm not that familar with pocket pc's in general i had the treo 650 for about 2 or 3 months and now i have the 6600 for sprint. i can set up my 4 different aol accounts and view mail in each of them respectively. for some reason i cannot send email. message goes straight to the outbox, to which i try to send it again with no luck. just wondering if there's any solution to this problem and if there is could someone share it with me thank you.
    Brooklyn Representative/ Flatbush Alumni/ SprintPCS PPC 6600/ 1gb Sandisk Memory Card/ Jabra BT800 Caller ID Bluetooth Headset/ Phone Alarm & Photo Contacts. I'm new to this PPC stuff so forgive my ignorance.

You need to make sure that in the settings for each account that you have SMTP Authentication enabled. It's buried in there pretty good but if you look around you should find the checkbox for it.

Dan

Fully Converged
    I just wanted to share this software with those who haven't tried this. I tried this software and I was actually able to send emails with attachments.
    ProfiMail. This is the website
    URL=http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/profimail/profimail.html ]www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile/profimail/profimail.html [/URL]

Anyway, I have tried Webis and I just couldn't get it to work. And after getting no definitive answers on this site.. Search smtp auth... I still didn't get a desired result. I just installed this and it worked. So try it hope it works for you.
    Good luck.

Sprint pcs PPC 6600 , Netzero.net Pop3, Motorola 810 bluetooth headset
    [

Here is a clickable link
    http://www.lonelycatgames.com/mobile...profimail.html

It also claims html view in mail. As well as other built in viewing for graphics like png and jpg. Looks pretty good. Anyone else try this out? I know some people were searching for a mail reader that does html.
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

this might be a to simple reply but not only do you have to Hit send after you finish composing an email you have to hit the Send/Recieve button on the main Email screen. Either the one with the Hand under the PDA or the Two Envelopes. These two buttons are next to the accounts button. This will send mail in your Outbox, if of course everything else is setup correctly.

--Sal-
    From an Axim X5 to a Toshiba e805 to a PPC-6600 to a PPC-6700 to a Mogul to a Touch Pro

The only way to be geek.

Fully Converged
    Yes that's true. For me that beats the heck out of having to cut and paste the email address that just was sent to you in order send a repy. The only way I could send a email is through Sprintpcs. That really sucked to me.
    Sprint Pcs Palm Pre