+ Reply to Thread

Arrow Dan I Need Your Help

I downloaded the upgrade from the audiovox website and after installing it it doesn't start up , only shows the welcome screen and the Rom version and that's it . I tried to download the Rom version from the page you gave me before but its giving me an error when I try to do the upgrade....

Error 150: Rom Upgrade utility error....This Rom upgrade utility is not design for your device. Please get proper Rom upgrade utility and try again.....

why this happens? if I'm installing the right one from the page you gave me before here it is...
    http://www.sprintpcsinfo.com/modules...rder=0&thold=0

Last edited by chico01; 05-12-2005 at 02:17 AM.

here is the pic[IMG]http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0WADxAigbXa*UoK3Py7xQMfux0eshfqPKF0v*Wu8lT8TkymjCoPPnvxr3AZaBslN1ncaefPkDGwy8RiYCTOOHMvfoBsHg8vnP6lhRweWZjRpYLTCAfE7F3ewePydm8jobSgAAAP[/IMG]

Last edited by chico01; 05-12-2005 at 02:17 AM.

and the other one

Are you able to successfully connect your 6600 to ActiveSync?

Some things to try:

1. Restart the computer and try running the upgrade again.

2. Hard reset your 6600 (you'll have to do it anyway during the ROM upgrade process)--this will erase all of your personal data and programs off the phone. To do it hold down the power button and push your stylus into the reset hole. Then after you re-calibrate it try to do the upgrade again.

3. Do you have another computer you can borrow/use to do this? Just install activesync on it, connect your 6600 as a "Guest" partnership and run the ROM upgrade.

I've got to head to bed now buddy, but hopefully that gives you some things to try. Is your device usable in the meantime?

Good luck. I'll check back in the morning.

Dan

I just saw the edit to your first post. What ROM are you trying to upgrade? Or rather, what are you trying to accomplish? Do you want Windows Media Player 10? If so, download the ROM from http://www.myehud.com.

The sprintpcsinfo.com upgrade is useless to you as of now. It is only designed to upgrade Sprint phones for EV-DO service, but Sprint doesn't have that rolled out yet so it doesn't work. Bottom line: Don't bother with it.

If you just want the stock Audiovox ROM, you need to make sure you download the correct one from the audiovox site... there are three different ROMs depending on which device you have:

XV6600WOC = Verizon 6600 without camera
    PPC6600 = Sprint 6600 with camera
    PPC6601 = Sprint 6600 without camera

There is no upgrade for the Verizon 6600 with camera.

So as long as you download the correct one it should work. If it doesn't try my suggestions in the previous post.

I repeat--don't use the sprintpcsinfo.com update. It is experimental and won't do you any good.

Dan

Arrow I tried on my laptop too

I tried on my laptop and on my other computer and none of them worked I install active sync but the phone does not do anything just the welcome screen and the rom version etccc and stay there that's why active sync does not respond....did the hard reset too.

I don't know what else to do running out of clues.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Um, answer Dan's question.
    1. What kind of phone do you have?
    2. WHAT UPGRADE ARE YOU TRYING TO DO? (What are you trying to accmplish; which file are you using; where did you get it.)

3. If you hard reset your phone does it work just fine the way it used to be?

Ehud

I'm using the 6600.
    For now I just wish the phone could initiate completely, but it doesn't it just say Pocket pc 2003 version # etccc Rom # and stay there. did the hard reset too and did not work.

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    Get your original carrier's upgrade kit. (www.myehud.com has links to it).

Redo the flashing of all three ROMs.

Don't mess with it again.

Ehud