+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Battery time

Battery time

Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone who has the 2200 and/or the 3300 extended batteries
    and also has SPB pocket plus installed, what are the times displayed on the battery indicator when fully charged.

Thanks,
    David

I'm a total loser and I've been banned!!!
    For me, SPBPocket+ reads the same as Wisbar Advance which reads the same as PhoneAlarm which reads the same as the OS indicator.

I was wondering what the time amount is. For example I just charged my original battery and in pocket plus it says 2 hours 24 minutes.
    What kind of times do you get with the extended batteries?

Thanks again.
    David

Time doesn't tell you much. Its just an estimation by the program. But since you wanted to know, with the 2200 SPB tells me I have 14:48 or so on full charge.

OEM batteries seemed to last me about 6 hours tops. The 2200 lasts the whole day. I've gone 11 hours with the charge still being at 30% (I use the data and phone heavily)
    AT&T Jailbroken Iphone 3G 2.2

So you are telling me that when you look at the battery indicator it says 14 hours and 48 minutes when fully charged with the 2200 battery???
    Again, I am not asking how long the battery actually lasts you but I am asking what the
    indicator says.

I hope I am not being too confusing with this.

Yes the battery indicator on SPB pocket plus tells me 14:48 when fully charged.

Bottom-line is that whatever the times read according to any indicator, they are only reflective of your usage conditions, ie roaming, data, bluetooth, etc.

Are you investigating an issue with SPBPocket+ in particular?

Originally posted by sarny
    Again, I am not asking how long the battery actually lasts you but I am asking what the
    indicator says.

I hope I am not being too confusing with this.

14 hours is fantastic.
    I was just wondering what to expect with
    the exteded batteries.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding Pocket plus, when I first installed it the battery indicator said over 3 hours when fully charged but lately after full charges it says only 2 hours and change.
    I am not sure what this means.

That is exactly what I am trying to tell you. That time means nothing. Don't take it as 14 hours, its just SPB's guess. Search the forums, you'll see info on how much the batteries actually last.

One XV6600 I manage can go almost a day and a half without charging. That one doesn't use bluetooth as much.

Vs my XV6600 which can make it a day with heavy phone/bluetooth and data usage.

That is why those time numbers are bunk. If we are both fully charged they both show up as about 14 hours.

Thanks,
    I know not to take the readings for exact times but I was just trying to get a ball park figure and see if buying the extended batteries with all of their possible problems is worth it.

Thanks again for all of your info.

David

Rock-Bottom-Line ...

2200 - 1490 = 710

710/1490 = 48% additional capacity in a perfect world